The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Aliun Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I read about a new levitation effect appearing in spring 2004 on the http://www.levitation.org website. It's supposed to use a new technology??? Does anyone know anything about this?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Ive read about this...and I'm skeptical to say the least. This is because there have been VERY few workable levitations released. But who knows, maybe they will prove me wrong.
guitarfreak
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of guitarfreak
Is there anywere I can read about it besides that website levitation.org? Not very much info there. If not could somebody explain it?
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
This is something being released by Brad Christian at Ellusionist -- he is not saying anything at all about it yet, and they delete any threads about it in their forum - I heard it would be extremely expensive, but Brad has been really good in everything I have bought so far. Hang tight and check the forums at ellusionist.com -- I would be willing to bet that is the first place they break the news when it is released!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Retro Gravity should be out in the spring from Devin Knight.
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
Devin keeps promising and keeps postponing.
Let's wait and see...
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
How much is it gonna be?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I know the guy who invented this. He is from Kitchener/Waterloo Canada. It is a great device. It is kinda expensive for a "street" levitation. He showed it to me a year ago when he was still in the patent stage.

The pluses are: Both whole feet rise. Spectators can be on three sides. I helped give him an idea to do it so it can be done onstage and people can see underneath...if that's part of the package-i don't know, keep up is minimal cost (one part has to be replaced every 10-20 levitations depending on how long you float), it looks how a levitation should look.

The drawbacks: price (he told me he wanted to sell it for $1000 Canadian), under normal circumstances (without my addition) cannot be view underneath, requires shoes to be custom fitted, so no other shoes can be used, in regards to replacement part-you have to keep replacing the one part...kinda like a battery
Schismatized
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Schismatized
How high does it rise?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
It, like almost all other levitations, only goes about 2-3 inches high...at least that's what it looks like from the demo.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
It can go about 3 1/2 inches.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Aliun Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL