The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Strange situation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
I am from CHINA,and my English is not so good.so if I say something wrong ,forgive me-_-#.

recently,I am interested in hypnosis,and I watch The Manchurian Approach by Anthony and the book, The How-To Book Of Hypnotism ,by Tom silver(of course the Chinese version).today,I try to hypnotic my roommate,following Anthony's move and Word.BUT......I think I got it.when I say sleep,his head drop down and seemed so relaxed.I were so happy.but I didn't suggested him more,just 1 2 3and waked him up.But he said that he can still heard me,and just don't have the feeling.

What is the problem.....I really don't know,can someone give me some advice?(┬_┬)
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
I guess my question is a little stupid ?I really want to know how to master this kind of art ,should I try as much as I can ?
mr_flash
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mr_flash
I think you have jumped in a little too early and need to study it a lot more. From what you have said it sounds like you did a set piece.

Did you do a induction after that?

It's unlikely you will hypnotise a friend who thinks you are practising on them. As Anthony says in all his teachings. You have to BE THE HYPNOTIST. if your not convinced yourself then study more and have everything ready in your own head before trying it out again.
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
First of all, thank you for your reply. I just wonder which way should I choose to practice my skill, and you know, if I say I am hypnotist to my audience and I fail........It looks so awkward•﹏•
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Stupid? On the contrary I think it is one of the more intelligent questions asked here in a while.

Short answer is you need to study more. Without far more information we could not even begin to help.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Dante. In a quick induction like you did, there is often no special feeling. You need to warn people beforehand that they might not feel anything special, but they will respond to your suggestions. People can have their hands stuck, forget their names, etc, and still hear and remember everything. So if you let them know this, they will realise they have been hypnotised.

Stick with it. With experience you will learn more and understand more. It will be fun.
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Stupid? On the contrary I think it is one of the more intelligent questions asked here in a while.

Short answer is you need to study more. Without far more information we could not even begin to help.

thanks,Danny.I will keep studying,and try to do it with more knowledges.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And keep asking questions. Good luck.

The vast majority of this is to have the guts to try it in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Hi Dante. In a quick induction like you did, there is often no special feeling. You need to warn people beforehand that they might not feel anything special, but they will respond to your suggestions. People can have their hands stuck, forget their names, etc, and still hear and remember everything. So if you let them know this, they will realise they have been hypnotised.

Stick with it. With experience you will learn more and understand more. It will be fun.

Oh,I see.I guess I just didn't success.But I would keep learning.Wait to see my success!Thanks for your advice,it really help a lot.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
No, Dante. You did succeed. It is a first step - there are plenty more steps ahead. Just keep doing what you are doing, learning, reading, asking questions. You got his head down and he feeling relaxed. Next time suggest an arm rise or something, then take it from there. You will get there.
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
I agree with Tony and Danny there was success you just need to learn a bit more and practice alot. Good job for even attempting to do this it takes courage and time to learn. Nothing comes instantly but it is worth the journey.

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
Thank you all,I feel so touched,Iwill keep practicing.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2014, Dante Yang wrote:
First of all, thank you for your reply. I just wonder which way should I choose to practice my skill, and you know, if I say I am hypnotist to my audience and I fail........It looks so awkward•﹏•

The other option which I took while learning was to tell people you are learning hypnosis get invited to parties then ask if everyone would like to take part in a few experiments with suggestion.

I personally don't think you need to "be the hypnotist" its one way of looking at it. Another way is to look at it as though there is no hypnotist only the hypnosis. This will take a lot of pressure off you because your just asking if they would like to have some fun and take part in some experiments. If there are good subjects present they will go anyway.

You will learn quicker if you approach it as a bit of fun.
thementalcoach
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA
59 Posts

Profile of thementalcoach
Dante, the others are right, it does take a lot of courage at the start (or even when trying new techniques, especially instant). Learn, practice, repeat and be open to trying new techniques. Telling people how great they are doing and what powerful minds they have is good, too. And remember that building expectation and leveraging imagination are powerful tools.
David Kenward - The Mental Coach
Solving problems with the Mental Game
Sports, Business, Creative and Performing Arts
Interests - Magic, Mentalism and the Bizarre
Sacramento, California
http://thementalcoach.com
Dante Yang
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dante Yang
Hey, guys.I really got it!!!!!
Thank you all for your patient and advice.it realhly help a lot!!!
I successful hypnotized a friend and forced him to think of 3 of heart.Danny's advice really help a lot!I first start with a fast induction and then went with hand rise.and it worked !
I will keep practicing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Strange situation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL