The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bridge Extended - Contributors wanted, release date confirmed. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
When I released Bridge about a month ago, I mentioned that I would later be releasing a collaborative project called Bridge Extended (alternate link) to build off the foundation laid in Bridge and to share ideas at no cost. The release has been set for April 30, and it is now open to contributors. I'm going to double-post below with a bit on the original Bridge for anyone who has not heard about the project.

BE is shaping up to be pretty diverse. Submissions so far include entire shows or routines (like Ian Pidgeon's beautiful Signpost routine), presentational/practical tips+ideas (like Jerome Finley's personal notes) and extensions of the basic principle that may look entirely different than the original (like my no-touch Bridge/stoogeless "Lift"). I will post a full list of contents closer to the release, but a short list is on the BE website.

From now until the release of Bridge Extended, I'm cutting $20 off the original Bridge. Many people have commented on how it's already ridiculously under-priced, but to me this is a collaborative project as well as my introduction to this community, and I'd like as many minds in the mix as possible.

A pre-order of Bridge Extended is $20 until April 30. Best case scenario is that there's very few orders, though, because this is an open, collaborative project where your quality idea gets you access to everyone else's. Details are on the website. I will continue to update BE as submissions come in. Get writing!

-Aaron.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
As promised, here's "Bridge" in the words of some other performers:

Quote:

"The applications are limitless. Using no props and telling no lies, Bridge is as close to real magic as anything I’ve ever encountered." -Dr. Bill Cushman

"I'm really taken with, stunned by and inspired by this piece (and the author's work in general). I haven't adopted anything this good and valuable in a long, long time...and as I told Aaron, I knew instantly this would be one of those "forever" pieces in my toolkit and arsenal. It's amazing. " -Jerome Finley

"When you see it being performed you can feel a thickness in the air, like something special is happening. The act of it is more than the sum of its parts. Unlike a simple trick, which requires the audience only to watch, Bridge not only invites you, but requires you to participate. It is in this participation, that something is brought to life." -Ian Pidgeon

"Brilliant. The introduction is imaginative and poetic. The Bridge itself can be described as poetry between two people." -James Luce

I rolled with Bridge again yesterday strolling before a performance, and it's hilarious, in under 30 seconds I had this huge tattooed and pierced guy feeling crazy things from 15 feet away. And yet again, another guy was going through the same thing soooo quickly. This is making suggestibility tests and instant inductions look "dial up" slow, and Bridge is working like Google Fiber. -Sean Bott

"This effect is one of those rare items in which the method and principles employed will act as a seed from which much can be reaped. If you want to create a truly organic experience that is unique and unexpected for the spectator this is it!!! I love the thinking in both the methodology and the execution. The style is unique, bold and fresh for this style of performance." -Gavin Oˈrourke-Soccorco

"Bridge is one of the first 'Real magick' principles that I can see myself using.... I would have no hesitation recommending this to people who, like me, struggle to find the perfect way to make their performances more 'real.'" -Steve Young

"This is not an effect, but an event. It is a process that establishes a deep connection between you and the spectator you are performing for. This is extreme thinking that can be used as a way to focus any effect you decide to present. Wonderful and fascinating thinking walks on this Bridge." -Greg Arce

"I had good expectations for Bridge and holy hell man. Aaron, add another fan to the list." -John Arcanum

In the trenches (by that I mean aside from just paid shows, I'm talking the difficult dive bars I go to in Columbus as well) and with perfectly random strangers, I have yet to not have a response of anything but utter amazement and connection with my audiences. My final review of this purchase summed up in three words, "Amazingly Under Priced" and in a simple number scale, for me personally, it turns it up to 11/10. -Jakob Michaels

"[Bridge] is a different level of magic. [Regarding the instruction] ...It's as if he's in the room talking to you. Everything is so clear and so precisely explained that you could read the book once and go out and perform it... Beautiful. -Brett Maskill

I have to say that I am very impressed with this work. Is something that I will use for sure as process for a LOT of things. -Luca Volpe

"I'm doing this product a disservice by labelling it as "mentalism", but I would expect it would sit alone if I created a blog category called "the closest thing to real magic". If you're looking to create a "real moment" of awe, connecting with a person on a real deep level, then read on." -Stephen Shaw (full review on www.magicblog.org)

There you have it. The café seems not to support colour BBCode, so for emphasis I just made all the reviewer's names into URLs. Links to most of the full reviews are on the page that is linked to.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I'm not sure how I missed this but this looks stunning. I could see this playing very strong with other "things" at play. I'm guessing the original is still available Aaron?
Twitter @darjames
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Jaime: Yes, and at a discount to boot. Plus I just made a menu for ordering different formats. Find it here.

And yes, it presents strong with other "things" at play. For me, though, it's at its absolute strongest when there's nothing else in play. That said, you can see from the quotes that everyone has their own spin.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Guess who has two thumbs and is almost done with their contributions...this guy.

-Jakob
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Very very slick stuff!!! I am a huge fan....keep the material coming!!!! I really believe this to be a complimentary combination of psychology and trickery.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3894 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit looking through all of the site and even the reviews I still can't make out exactly what Bridge is or what the effect is other that putting the hands together and it feels funny. Despite the positive reviews I have no idea if this is something I can use or even how or where I'd use it and even with the discount $40 is just too much to take a punt on something that may end up being of no use to me.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Mark- PM sent. If anyone else has questions, email or PM me.

Some people might be having trouble seeing exactly what this is because fundamentally Bridge is a tool and an approach to performance, not just one effect. That said, in the original Bridge there are 4 routines and 8 specific effects described in detail, as well as tools/principles to build your own. Most of these are in various videos or mentioned on the site.

I understand that it might look like an effect or book of effects based on length and pricing. Like I said, it's lowballed to share an idea and to introduce myself to the community. I expect and would hope that people are skeptical of new work from an unknown. I also hope that the reviews above speak to what tends to happen to that skepticism once people have this particular work in their hands.

As always, nothing is for everyone, and the same is true of Bridge. And as an e-book, if for some reason you have no use for it then there's not even the bird-cage-lining/house-training-a-puppy uses of a paper copy book. Of course if you happen to have a bird or puppy, then you can hedge your bets by ordering the physical copy for only $5 more.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
There's already some FANTASTIC thoughts, material and approaches in the early drafts of "Bridge Extended" and I'm incredibly excited to hand in my own contribution, notes and how I personally employ "Bridge" this coming week. What I've seen and read from others so far is already causing my mind to spin in completely new directions...I seriously can't wait for the final!

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1330 Posts

Profile of bond19
Aaron

I tried PM but no luck. Please can you PM back when you get the opportunity....

"Please can you elaborate a bit on what Bridge is? It sounds up my street but I'm unsure if I could use it in my work (mentalism in a close-up/strolling environment).

Also, is the printed version hard back or just a printed PDF?"

Thanks Aaron, it sound like a fascinating tool.

Chris
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
The printed version is a soft-cover book, not just a printout. I've been told it looks really good and I used the same printer and templates as The Weaver's Underground (older and not yet released), so it is high-quality. I haven't seen a copy myself since I am not in a place that can be shipped to right now, and I've had to use other people's judgement.

I'll answer the rest by PM.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, bond19 wrote:
Aaron

I tried PM but no luck. Please can you PM back when you get the opportunity....

"Please can you elaborate a bit on what Bridge is? It sounds up my street but I'm unsure if I could use it in my work (mentalism in a close-up/strolling environment).

Also, is the printed version hard back or just a printed PDF?"

Thanks Aaron, it sound like a fascinating tool.

Chris

Chris,

You and I know each other well enough to be perfectly honest, blunt and straightforward, yes? You've given me your own insights, methods and production ideas, supported my own work and offerings in turn and I can practically GUARANTEE Aaron's "Bridge" will be worth it to you and the work you do several times over. So sure am I in this statement, should you disagree, I will personally pay for your copy in return.

You're going to love it. Trust me.

;)

J.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
It's VERY good.
Smile

Mike
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I feel as though this thing needs its own special forum. It is genuinely limitless in terms of what is capable. I already have 3 solid effects in mind that I look forward to writing up tonight. I sent Aaron a very rough draft idea of one. This is seriously some of the best work I've come across. I could talk forever on it.

Matthew
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I just put my order in, not sure how I missed this earlier but the recommendation by Jerome is a no brainer.
Twitter @darjames
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
424 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Agreed Jamie D! Thanks Jerome! My order is in . . .
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1330 Posts

Profile of bond19
I was on the fence, but now gonna jump.

Thanks Jerome, Tony and of course aalexander for your replies. I think this one is too good to pass.

I've read JP by Dr Cushman years ago, but never found need to use it in my work. It seems aalexander has found a way to open this up to a wide avenue of creative possibilities.

Let my journey continue along new paths!

Chris
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
You're going to love it.

Bill started something spectacular and which created a rightful sensation. I have (& still have!) a million uses for the JP technique, however, like all great things, it was destined to grow, evolve, move, reform, change itself, adapt and experience it's own transformation through the capable hands and heart of Aaron Alexander.

Aaron's "Bridge" makes what was possible via the JP even faster, stronger and more effective than ever before. It's perfect for walk around and once you begin using it, you'll barely need or possibly even "want" anything else. More than a pulse effect or simple means for producing ultra strong mental, emotional, energetic, physical, kinesthetic responses and shared bio-physiological phenomena...this is something I'm using with nearly ALL of my existing material, for what appears to be real magic, instant waking hypnosis, telepathy (mind to mind/heart to heart communication), energetic balancing and evoking the healing state via the power of suggestion and placebo and so much more.

I'm excited for you and truly, I'm excited for all of us using this wonderful piece of work, tool and technique and each resulting application.

:)

J.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I too found myself ditching quite a few things after I discovered this. You need virtually nothing in terms of props. I think the thing that has made this such a success is that it is all revolved around creating a connection with your spectator or audience. Isn't that what we've always been after?

I read a book in mentalism by someone once. He said "Stay Connected". I can't for the life of me remember his name. Some old guy with white hair. They say he's been struck by lightening 9 times...or was it he could shape shift into 9 cats...
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Aaron,

I just started playing with this in the last two weeks. It sits somewhere between The Jumping Pulse and an Air Palm. In other words it is right up my street. In the realm of the real, right where I like effects to sit.

Like Jerome, I have squeezed so much juice from Bill Cushmann's 'Jumping Pulse'. Whenever I think it is done it gives up another drop of goodness. I suspect 'Bridge' will be the same.

I look forward to the extensions!

Regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bridge Extended - Contributors wanted, release date confirmed. (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL