The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bridge Extended - Contributors wanted, release date confirmed. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Hello guys,

How did you got the book after you paid? Bridge I mean!

I paid but no e-book?

Regards, Marian
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I'm assuming you bought the ebook? Or did you buy the hard copy? Also, maybe try checking your junk mail.
Twitter @darjames
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Lovekey- PM me your email and I'll check what happened.

Most of my orders have gone out in an hour or two, but longer if I'm out at the time. If it's been much longer than that, send me an email at the "aaron" address listed on my page or PM me here.

I mentioned this on the other thread, but quite few times now, all but once with a Microsoft (live, outlook, hotmail) email, the message with the file gets filtered out in a spam filter and will not show up in the inbox or in your trash. I have no idea why this is, but usually if I change some things and re-send, it will work.

Bottom line, if you paid and don't have it, contact me ASAP. I get a notification whenever there's an order, so a long delay may mean a technical problem.
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Yes, the e-book...I was not expecting a hard copy to come by email Smile Nothing in junk mail. I sent an email to the author. Smile
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Thanks for the quick response Aaron! I am used with the electronic downloads to ussualy get a link for download automatically. that's why I was asking. Sent you an email.

Thanks again Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, LoveKey1988 wrote:
Yes, the e-book...I was not expecting a hard copy to come by email Smile Nothing in junk mail. I sent an email to the author. Smile

You never know........
Twitter @darjames
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2868 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I am soooo glad to see Bridge and Aaron's work getting all the attention it deserves! I also really appreciated the kind words about JP and feel exactly as Jerome wrote about its evolution toward Bridge. Which is how I felt when Jerome did the same in Thought Veil and Anthony in his work. It just keeps getting better and all via our collaboration. This makes me happy!

Interesting side note. Anyone remember a movie called Powder from 1995? It is about an albino teen with "highly evolved mental abilities." Yesterday I turned it on about an hour 20 into it and got a major Bridge chill. Just as I start watching, Powder takes a girl's hand and arranges it with his so their fingers are touching, not quite in Bridge position, but similar.

She responds with, "Wow is that your heartbeat?" to which he replies "And yours." From that point on, they start volleying back and forth what each other is feeling then ultimately thoughts and memories. Near perfect! I completely forgot about this scene and if you can you should definitely check it out. There is certainly more grist for the mill.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I absolutely LOVE that movie, Bill. It's easily one of my all time favorites. It can provide a lot of presentational ideas. The silverware scene in the Caféteria is crazy!
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I had a couple fairly big events that I was involved in over the last few days, so besides preparing for those and sending orders of Bridge, I've been pretty inactive. I'm catching up on that now.

I'm really excited about the great feedback on the forums as well as the contributions that I'm getting.

Almost as exciting as Matthew being just a haircut away from re-enacting his favourite 1995 film (I had to look this up after Bill told me about it). How perfect is this?

Quote:
"There's no need to hide or lie... no deceptions, no exaggerations, or anything that people use to confuse the truth."

"Hold out your hand. Put your fingers up..."

I use a fairly similar lead-in to Bridge (especially with magicians), and use it to do the same emotion/memory effect as well. Uncanny.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I must say that in conversation with Aaron, he has been nothing but amazing to converse with. Another great seller in the community.
Twitter @darjames
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Hey I just purchased the ebook. Is it usually emailed out?
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Hi, Blake. Try checking in your spam folder. Your copy went out about 25 minutes ago.

If you have trouble, send me a PM or an email at the "aaron" address on my website and I'll get right back to you. Same goes with anyone else.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
My copy was the spam folder aswell, go check there Smile
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1349 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
My phone is terrible and won't load the first page. Can somebody send me a link to this?

Thank you brothers

Pete x
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I spent a lot of yesterday editing submissions to BE, so when I went out last night I had a lot of ideas to try out.

And wow.

Not all the submissions are great for casual demos in the kind of noisy place I was in, but there are a few. Special kudos to Jacob and Mathew on that front. They had similar ideas that I thought would work in some cases, though are always safe to try due to the presentation. Last night I used it maybe 10-15 times in a row with various people, and every single time, even with my most skeptical and difficult to impress participant, it worked. I was probably as shocked as anyone there. Using Jacob's variation, you could combine this with to some of Peter Turner's stuff to create something absolutely deadly, which I will definitely try next time. I'm still pretty new to Pete's work.

I also used the stoogeless "Lift" and it worked beautifully. Since I started with that, though, nobody watching believed what was really happening until seeing other effects. Very encouraging to say the least.

Good job, everyone. This is really coming together.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Glad to see it worked out as good for you as it has me.

Aaron, I look to finish another piece this weekend that is much more in depth than the piece I sent you. Ill send it over when I'm done.

Matthew
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Can't wait until this is realeased, Matthew has some great touches on this already amazing piece and I am glad to hear my little thoughts are working out nice. I am excited to see all this released, there are already some killer contributions! Thanks Aaron for the kind words!

-Jakob
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I should have been clear, since Matthew Sims' idea also puts a really incredible spin on some Peter Turner's stuff. His idea would have worked in the kind of place that I was in, but it would be way more powerful in a place that was a bit quieter and more focused. It was one-T Mathew (Gostelow) whose submission was one of the ones that I tried out last week.

For Matthew Sims' idea, we still have to flesh out the routine details since I haven't seen a full write-up, but to give a bit of a teaser, here's how I see it going down: Matthew's idea takes a very clever force/reveal from Peter Turner and turns it into a situation where you seem to be thinking of/experiencing the same detailed thing as a person, and can describe it back to them. And it will work, because Peter's effect does and so does Bridge. Propless and impromptu, of course.

I'm back at editing today, and I can say right now that BE will be longer than the original Bridge. The people involved are taking a lot of care to make sure that this is a high-quality document where each routine is strong and usable. I have 6 really strong submissions in already, 4 that are absolutely dynamite but that I have not received a write-up of yet (that includes Jerome, Sean, Matt and Gavin's submissions), and 2 more that have a ton of potential but are not ready to be in the book yet. I've gotten a few more that I returned with edits and suggestions.

I'm happy to say that these all have different looks and feels to them, and so it won't just be a chorus of variations on our original hand-to-hand setup. Really good stuff.

-Aaron.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Aaron,

I am glad to hear this. As I sit here, I am finishing the final touches on a complete detailed 3 phased routine.

I have to be honest, this has become very personal to me, and I'm not quite sure that I'm ready to release it. (This is a different effect all together than what I sent you).

I will send it to you, but I'm just not quite sure that I want to let it go just yet.

Ill be in touch,
Matthew
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
That's probably a really good sign. There's a few things that have been given in that I'm not sure I want to release. It's an old trope of something being "too good" to release, but it's sort of true in this case. They're just extremely strong and might be better suited to either a different release or as something to be shared personally and individually as something special. It's something I've been thinking about a lot today.

Anyway, we'll work it out. If it's still too personal, we'll either adapt it or else leave it out for now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bridge Extended - Contributors wanted, release date confirmed. (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL