The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Twins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Myself, I played piano and drums, where there isn't exactly a dominant hand, for the most part.

You don't consider the right hand to be the lead hand when it comes to playing a keyboard?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
With the guitar, as with most other stringed instruments, the left hand work is just as difficult, if not more so, that the right. So I've never really understood why such instruments are referred to as right-handed.

This is relevant, especially when first learning to play guitar, I think. I'm right- handed. But I have a feeling I wouldn't likely be able to play rhythm as well with my left hand. (And, edit- I guess Esn made that point ahead of me). Though I think I roll a coin better with my left hand than right, and I swing a bat left-handed. And yo, I'm a fraternal twin and my sister and I are both right-handed, so there. Smile .

Thinking further about the left-handed batting, my left arm always felt like it was in the way when I tried to swing right-handed. And in swinging left-handed, I think maybe the pull of the right hand leads and does most of the work so, Smile
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Wikipedia knows everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness#Genetic_factors

Short version: the extent to which genetics influences handedness -- if any -- is complicated.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2014, AllAboutMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Those of us who are right-handed nonetheless do all of the fingering with our left hands.

Ummmmmm..........speak for yourself Bob!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Hilarious! (unless I am reading into that wrong and in that case I just embarrassed myself)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Twins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL