The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Lubor's Gift by Lubor Fiedler (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the ad copy "Go ahead and hand your spectators both boxes --- there's absolutely nothing for them to find",I think any intelligent spectator would re-open both boxes, and then just put the striped box back in the mail box?
I agree with krowbroom, the driebeck die is much nicer, as it has a kicker ending.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5134 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I like this effect very much. And, the design of the boxes is very good/perfect for this effect.

Out of topic, you can find an very interesting long article about Lubor Fiedler in Genii, March, 2014:
https://geniimagazine.com/2014/02/march-2014/
TomConsole
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of TomConsole
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, chriswiehl wrote:
Can it hold things? like I can see it making even more sense if it was able to hold stuff. to motivate even showing the boxes. and yea 100 is kinda al ot for me to have some boxes.

Maybe a good way to start the "Vanishing Bandana". Have the props inside the second box, but then have some patter about how even the boxes from "The Trick Of The Month Club" somehow seem to puzzle you.
Just a thought.
Tom
p-n_junction
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of p-n_junction
I can't justify $100 for a little gag.
And imo it is suitable for stage and parlour only.
I don't see this as a stand alone effect anyway.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, PHSIS wrote:
Hi all. Yes the inner box can be filled right up with anything you would like to carry inside. As far as the price these were very expensive to manufacture. The boxes are perfect nothing glued or stuck on, solid pieces that slide and work every time. Building them this way and in a limited run is why they are priced as they are. We are very excited and proud to be releasing Lubor's wonderful invention Smile

Since they are cardboard, how will they hold when used a lot, like 25-30 times a week every week.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
953 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I was thinking like Tom. Bandana Banana inside the second box is a great segue. But perhaps not enough to justify the cost of the boxes.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2497 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, p-n_junction wrote:
I can't justify $100 for a little gag.
And imo it is suitable for stage and parlour only.
I don't see this as a stand alone effect anyway.

$100 for cardboard boxes. Crazy!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27243 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The new designs are a fine update to the Driebeck Die or plain color designs from prior offerings.

those aren't any old cardboard boxes. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The new designs are a fine update to the Driebeck Die or plain color designs from prior offerings.

those aren't any old cardboard boxes. Smile

PHSIS made reference to a cardboard manufacturer in her post up above. If it is not, I stand corrected. Not trying to start anything.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2497 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, PHSIS wrote:
Hi Everyone

A few more details re the price: To get a high quality custom made set of boxes like this..made to Lubor's exact specs, specific paper coating, tolerances etc is a very expensive thing to put together.
Alan Wong had to find a commercial box manufacturer who normally makes runs of hundreds of thousands of boxes..and convince them to make a tiny custom run of Lubor's Gift. So that's
where the high cost comes in. We could have gone the normal route and adapted/re-glued some existing boxes..but they would not have had the look and feel that Lubor was going for. So
we made the call to do whatever it took to make Lubor's dream come true and to create something he would be proud of. This set is really for the professionals or collectors who want the official Lubor Fiedler approved version. For those who love the effect but are looking for something at a lower price…there are a few other versions of Lubors "Gozinta" boxes concept on the market in the 40$-60$ price range.

Thanks All!

Janet

I wish I had read this before posting my comment a few posts above. Sounds like these are meant for those that really love this effect and collectors. The fact that they went to such great lengths to make it the way Lubor wanted them was a classy move. I can respect that.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Lubor's Gift by Lubor Fiedler (DVD + Gimmick) - PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4189

Expected to ship on April 15th. You may reserve a yours now and it will ship to you when it arrives.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Usual story everybody rushing to get one - standby for the buyers remorse
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
These will make a fine accompaniment to a routine that is centered on a "Think Outside The Box" theme---great addition to our art form!

Regards,
Mike
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've always loved the Gozinta box and this is the perfect presentation. For those complaining about the price, Hocus-Pocus has a stage sized without the package theme by Jay Leslie for $125.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1330 Posts

Profile of bond19
I understand buyers remorse with some material. But with this surely you know exactly what your are buying and what you can achieve??
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of dking66
Hoping this is going to come with some routine ideas and a suggested ending...
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
What a perfect thing to keep around and naturally bring into play when performing with something kept inside. Awesome!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, corindaman wrote:
Usual story everybody rushing to get one - standby for the buyers remorse

I disagree - this looks like a gorgeous little item and if it is fron the mind of Lubor and the craftsmanship of PH than you know what you are getting with no surprises.

Thanks to PH for not compromising.

Not sure of I would get this but I liked the teaser video with the groovy music.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I am really looking forward to this. Have gotten a lot of mileage out of Parabox from Tenyo, and was really excited to see this updated version. And endorsed by the Creator.

Actually using Parabox in my midweek lenten worship, with the theme of Change. It is a great illustration.

RevJohn
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I love Lubor's stuff and Paul's stuff. I think this box looks beautiful and well made. But I do think this particularly product has hit a price point that goes beyond what makes sense. At the end of the day it is more of a puzzle/novelty that is a bit of a throw-away at the end of a show. It is a slow burn and not a main headliner of a trick.

I'm sure they are going to sell out without my purchasing one, because I won't be getting one. But I do wish it were less expensive because it would be fun to have, but probably at half the price. I know it will be a successful venture for Harris and Lubor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Lubor's Gift by Lubor Fiedler (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL