The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which Routines - Colin Mcleod? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hypuk
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of hypuk
Hi

I'm trying to find out which routines Colin does in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQbE1NhBDso

I have his opening Minds DVDs but I don't think they're on there

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
So you can try and copy him? Sorry pal, wrong forum (you need more posts to get feedback) and no fishing.
hypuk
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of hypuk
Cirrus

I find your post quite offensive and rude.

To copy him?
Why would anybody release magic DVDs/Ebooks etc..... so people CAN model their routines.
Kroots
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of Kroots
Why would you assume that these routines must be in available somewhere?

He is allowed to perform things and not sell it to people you know.
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
This forum is not for revealing, I guess you need to look in books and learn not everything you see is available.
For my self I don't know how he do it I just enjoy how he perform it and it can inspire me .
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Hypuk,

If you have Colin's Opening Minds DVD, you know what is on there. This forum isn't really set up for just posting a video of a performance and asking where can I learn to do this. Good luck

Brehaut
hypuk
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of hypuk
I didn't ask for a revelation of any routine, I just wanted to know what they were called.

As I see in several other posts on this forum, referring to books and DVDs etc.

I just wanted to know what the routines were called. Or me guidance on where I could purchase a book or DVD.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1491 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Pretty sure those routines are Colins, and are not available for purchase. Your best bet is to contact Colin directly and ask him. Good luck with that.
hypuk
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of hypuk
It's ok I've found them now.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
523 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
These routines and performances here are unique to Colin that he's worked hard to create and perfect (although he would argue they are far from perfect). What you're seeing isn't in a book or DVD nor is it a catalogue. I don't doubt that Colin is flattered that his performances are inspiring to you, I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment, and there is nothing wrong with admiring the work of a fellow performer. However, it crosses the boundries and code of ethics amongst us mystery performers to try and emulate and track down the workings of another performer's professional act.

With that said, I'm sure if you ask Colin your self, you will get a much clearer answer and he may even point you in the right direction to where you want to go. Smile

BQ
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
191 Posts

Profile of pourang65
Can anyone tell me where Colin got his hair cut please and what is it called. Smile
Good job Colin ....
Cheers
Pourang
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
191 Posts

Profile of pourang65
Love your work and thinking!
Cheers
Pourang
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Look Hypuk, take a view from my perspective. You registered in 2009. The last posts are only in this forum. You ask to find out routines a performer hasn't released (to my awareness). I don't know for whay reason and I frankly don't even care. I will even tell you why. There are posts of "can you tell me where I find how Derren (substitute another mentalists name for this) does this?" like this posted almost weekly.

You haven't even introduced yourself, shown us your trackrecord. How you became a mentalist in the first place and we need to fork over the good bits just for your sake of lazyness? Because you couldn't find out yourself?
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Yes Hypuk , all of these guys are correct. This is not the place or the proper way of going about this. If you have been studying mentalism seriously for any good amount of time you would know that there are probably hundreds of ways to achieve the effects you are asking about. Above you posted "Thanks but I've found them". I am fairly certain you did not find Colin's methods for what was in that video. If you really want to reveal names and words in peoples minds , take the time to study the basics and go from there . Use the classic books of mentalism (which you should know what they are) and work on the fundamentals and after some time and hard work you will learn to tweek the classics to suit you and who knows maybe even develop your own unique methods for accomplishing the same end results you are asking about. Best of luck.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
You don't just "find" showmanship. I agree with the others above, keep studying and performing, you'll be surprised with what you accomplish.
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which Routines - Colin Mcleod? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL