The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Plans for a Suitcase Busking Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
685 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Here's a simple idea for a table:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Street-B......ALLSTEPS

Sdmagic
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Very nice! Thanks for posting this!
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of noland
Does the suit case also carry props, or does it only carry the table base? If it only carries the table base, I don't quite grasp the advantage over a standard collapsible tripod stand and screw on table top, or better yet, screw on brief case (since the brief case can carry props).
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
The technique is known as a Harbin Table, where the legs can be folded and still have a sturdy surface. I doubt there would be room for props with the legs in the suitcase.

That particular suitcase looks rather cheap ... perhaps the cheapest looking Harbin table I've ever seen. You can find much better quality tables that fold up like that.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Iron Butterfly
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Iron Butterfly
You need a sturdy table as well. No matter how many times I tell kids not to put weight on the table there will be one who forgets. granted people aren't always that close but you need to expect the unexpected. I am very happy with an liite weight organ/synthesizer stand, which is adjustable and two book shelf slats duck taped together for fold up. I use my sons old baby blanket to cover the table. I have a poachers pouch underneath.

More power to you if whatever your using works. Actually your video has mad me consider replacing the wood boards with a suit case.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I think the part I was most impressed with your plans is the ingenuity in making spring hinges. I know there are a couple of good tutorials in the workshop forum, but I like the idea of not having to make my own springs. Very creative.
Good job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Plans for a Suitcase Busking Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL