The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wolf of Weed Street (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
I've made $515,000 (£312,000) so far," says the Wolf, who quit his job as a disaster consultant in December after barely six months of trading in marijuana stocks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26682207

Hmmmm
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Hmmmmm...............so what?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
So what it may mean for some people is an interesting investment one which seems to pay a good return. Of interest to people that is with something to invest. People that is, who understand simple things like, one can invest in a bar without being the keeper. So what it would mean to you, who has no such understand, is nothing much at all. So what are doing reading my posts anyway? After all you did give your word that were going ignore them. Well I guess you were just having another one of your emotional and temperamental mood swings at the time?

Hmmm I wonder if marijuana is good for those fits.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
All that?

Lol.

Sounds like you could use a toke or two.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
Image


So what do you think of that?

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, tommy wrote:
I've made $515,000 (£312,000) so far," says the Wolf, who quit his job as a disaster consultant in December after barely six months of trading in marijuana stocks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26682207

Hmmmm


Ahh you know, that's one of the biggest money mistakes ever: trying to get rich quick. No such thing as easy money and no such thing as getting and staying rich quick. The reality is, legitimate long lasting wealth is something that takes hard work, patience, investment and a plan to build as well as good management and it takes a great deal of time.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be disposed of.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Good luck reasoning with GM. Smile His mind is made up and no chance of changing it. (based on previous threads) Smile
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, General_Magician wrote:
The reality is, legitimate long lasting wealth is something that takes hard work, patience, investment and a plan to build as well as good management and it takes a great deal of time.


Agree. Except for that part about taking a great deal of time. Also, one can replace any or all of your other ingredients (hard work, patience, investment, and a plan) with good luck.

But otherwise, I agree.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
I've never known anybody who got rich quick and actually kept the money. To my knowledge, most lottery winners who hit the million dollar jackpot eventually lost it all along with most sports super-stars. I bought a former NFL player a drink at a bar one time and he talked about he went through his millions and was now bankrupt. I am not a football fan, so when I bought him a drink I never recognized him and just thought he was a regular joe. I didn't believe him at first when he told me he played for the NFL. He told me that NFL stood for "Not For Long" because of all the injuries in football. I guess the same would be true for keeping their millions. The "Wolf of Wall Street" certainly didn't keep his millions either. That's why I say, it takes a great deal of time to build wealth and that's probably one of the essential ingredients to keep the wealth along with good money management skills and financial education. Rome wasn't built in a day. People want to get rich quick, but you know anything worth having also requires patience. Their is no getting rich quick and then keeping your wealth in my experience.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was not recommending the stock. The article points out the risks. It is a gamble and some may or may not want to risk a dollar and that is a matter for them to decide for themselves. Like all things one must decide if the return is worth the risk. Are you getting value? Are the odds in your favour? If you put time, effort and money into a magic shop that is a risk. In fact that is a bad bet. Go and ask a bank manager if he thinks a magic shop is good business investment. He will probably tell you that you are better off buying marijuana. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, tommy wrote:
I was not recommending the stock. The article points out the risks. It is a gamble and some may or may not want to risk a dollar and that is a matter for them to decide for themselves. Like all things one must decide if the return is worth the risk. Are you getting value? Are the odds in your favour? If you put time, effort and money into a magic shop that is a risk. In fact that is a bad bet. Go and ask a bank manager if he thinks a magic shop is good business investment. He will probably tell you that you are better off buying marijuana. Smile


Personally, I would rather own a magic shop than a weed shop. Weed just goes against my personal values quite frankly speaking. That being said, I am sure weed is a good money maker, so long as it's legal, but I would never want to own a weed shop, even if it was legal to do so. I prefer to stick with what I know and what I love to do which is magic.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
It would not surprise me to see magic shops selling pot under or over the counter soon. Or the paraphernalia of it all, you know, all that Ali Bongo stuff.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Aside from that, this topic reminds me of what somebody told me one time: "Everybody wants to go to the promised land but nobody wants to die to get there." Everybody wants to get rich and stay rich but nobody wants to do what it takes to get there or make it happen.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
"Everybody wants to go to the promised land but nobody wants to die to get there."


Wait a second, how can you die and still get to the promised land? Dying seems like a less than optimal strategy for getting there, yes? I thought the whole point was they died and *didn't* get to the Promised Land. So it wasn't like they didn't *try* or *work hard enough* to get to the promised land (Moses and MLK were no slackers from what I hear).

I think this goes into my Analogies We'd Like to Forget file.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, General_Magician wrote:
I've never known anybody who got rich quick and actually kept the money. To my knowledge, most lottery winners who hit the million dollar jackpot eventually lost it all along with most sports super-stars. I bought a former NFL player a drink at a bar one time and he talked about he went through his millions and was now bankrupt. I am not a football fan, so when I bought him a drink I never recognized him and just thought he was a regular joe. I didn't believe him at first when he told me he played for the NFL. He told me that NFL stood for "Not For Long" because of all the injuries in football. I guess the same would be true for keeping their millions. The "Wolf of Wall Street" certainly didn't keep his millions either. That's why I say, it takes a great deal of time to build wealth and that's probably one of the essential ingredients to keep the wealth along with good money management skills and financial education. Rome wasn't built in a day. People want to get rich quick, but you know anything worth having also requires patience. Their is no getting rich quick and then keeping your wealth in my experience.


Quite a few of the professional athletes you haven't met, however, have held onto their money.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Bill Gates should have stayed in school and not borrowed any money. He might have become a wealthy man after a few decades.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Might have kept some of the money, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
We'll see what GM has to say when my long term wealth building plan of hitting the Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream comes through.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, Marlin1894 wrote:
We'll see what GM has to say when my long term wealth building plan of hitting the Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream comes through.


I'll tell you exactly what I'll have to say if your wealth building plan hits Rainbow 6. "How about giving me a couple hundred thousand dollars?" I imagine you would start having friends you thought you never had before if you hit that Rainbow 6. They say money don't buy friends but reality is, it often does (but they are not true friends).
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wolf of Weed Street (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL