The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » One coin routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1048 Posts

Profile of helder

Working on a coin routine

Any advice?

Thanks

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
There are some really nice moves in there. I especially like the last vanish, and then the jumbo coin production. Have you been performing this? What are the reactions?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1048 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
There are some really nice moves in there. I especially like the last vanish, and then the jumbo coin production. Have you been performing this? What are the reactions?

I perform this a couple of times, still working on the presentation, but the reactions are great.

I produce a second jumbo coin, 7", behind the spec head.

Will record a live performance soon as I have it more smooth.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1899 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
You might pick up the pace a bit. These type routines seem to work best with a slightly faster pace.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
It's cute.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
I like it. Some moves look like moves, ie are not very natural. Also, sometimes, one hand stays in a bit awkward position, palm up.
The ending fooled me.

I don't think it needs to be done faster, except for the actual production of coins under the elbows.

P!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think the you are exactly where you should be with the routine ... obviously you have spent a lot of time perfecting that. Now put it in front of people a thousand times or so is my advice.

Your studio however needs some work ... boring background ... a lot of the moves are "out of frame" ... the final load loses it's impact as a result, as you just kinda drop your hand out of frame and presto there it is. A few more lights would help ... eliminate some of the dark spots and shadows.

For something like that, I would elevate the camera higher - get a downward angle. That would more accurately demonstrate the routine, as the camera would then where a person's actual eyes would be (you have the camera chest high and level - very boring position to film in).

Just my thoughts...
-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1048 Posts

Profile of helder
Thanks , will keep working on it, now live.

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » One coin routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL