The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mickey Rooney dies at 93 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
He was a favorite growing up
RIP Andy Hardy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
A consummate entertainer. If there's an afterlife, I think I know what he's doing:

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
He sang, danced, played piano,did comedy, and of course he acted. My favorite role of his was "Baby Face Nelson" ... yet it wasn't mentioned in his obits. He was almost ninety when he acted (very funny) in "Night at the Museum". Lynn
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
A great talent, quite underrated, in my opinion. Did you know that in the last few years, he was robbed and abused by his stepchildren, and almost starved to death?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
I just know it's hard to grow up in in my generation and not have been touched by him in one way or another. And let's not forget when he was in his prime a lot of people didn't think he'd make it to 40 never mind 93. He went on to out live all his contemporaries he will be missed.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Just found a quote I never knew about: Sir Laurence Olivier once referred to Mickey Rooney as the greatest film actor America ever produced.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
That is sad news. He was a strange sort of fellow but I liked him.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, arthur stead wrote:
Just found a quote I never knew about: Sir Laurence Olivier once referred to Mickey Rooney as the greatest film actor America ever produced.

I don't quite know what to think of Sir Laurence's quote. Olivier himself was most famous as a stage actor, and was envious and less successful as a film actor, as portrayed most recently in the film about Marilyn Monroe. Nevertheless, it's food for thought (in this forum!). Mickey was of another era, when an entertainer was expected to dance, sing, etc as well as act. The closest thing we have to variety shows now are the late night talk spots. Not sure if I'm sad about it ... audiences change and so on; but as a youth I definitely was glued to Sunday night Ed Sullivan Show!!! Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mickey Rooney dies at 93 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL