The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Readmill closing - need to transfer ebooks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Hello,

I've recently purchased a few magic/mentalism ebooks in the Readmill format. I just read that Readmill is shutting down, and that I need to transfer my purchases somehow to preserve the content. The options listed on Readmill aren't described very well, and I was wondering if any of you know what the best option is. It's a bit upsetting that this has become an issue so quickly after making these purchases. I found Readmill to be clunky in the first place, and would love to be able to read my books outside of that GUI.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

-Ben
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'd ask the sellers if they intend to re-release in the now almost universal pdf format. I'm surprised that anyone is releasing eBooks in proprietary formats that require special GUIs.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Can you convert the files using Calibre?

Nathan
geraldbelton
View Profile
New user
Durham, NC
63 Posts

Profile of geraldbelton
Without a Readmill account, I can't see what the available export formats are. Can you provide us with a list and then we can give our opinions as to which is "best?"

If one of the formats is pdf, that's probably best. As Bob said, it's almost universal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Readmill closing - need to transfer ebooks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL