The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are There Any Female Mentalist's Out There? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
How come we never see women posting in Penny? Why is mentalism a male dominated thing? What is your thoughts on why this is so?

Rick~
Self concept is destiny..
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Because women only like mind reading if its the real thing. They don't want to think its fake. My opinion? Smile
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1524 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
It might be mentalism forums that they avoid, rather than performing mentalism?

(Sort of) joking.
T.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You have a good point, Simon. (No joke)

I know several women who are excellent mentalists.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Rebecca Harris, Tessa Evason, Katalina, Noora Karma, Angela Fonovits, Allison Campbell.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
191 Posts

Profile of pourang65
I don't think it's just mentalism. Magic in general is a male dominant art. Unfortunately.
Cheers
Pourang
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I think the forums are what is being avoided.
I remember juliannehohnson being a GREAT contributor here for a while, but she disappeared.

I know several women who do what I consider to be mentalism (they might or might not agree with me) who avoid this forum specifically and/or forums like this in general. In fact, I know several male mentalists and even magicians of the same thinking.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5761 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It's some men and the way those men interact here which keeps them at bay.,
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2014, seadog93 wrote:
I think the forums are what is being avoided.
I remember juliannejohnson being a GREAT contributor here for a while, but she disappeared.

Very true. This is a feeling she stated quite plainly on another forum some years ago. It was not the art, but the forums and their members that she had issue with.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Does Cashetta count?
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Most men who are interested in mentalism become mentalists and perform mind-reading effects, while a few become psychics and advise people on their personal problems.

Most women are interested in mentalism become psychics and advise people on their personal problems, while a few become mentalists and perform mind-reading effects.

There are just as many women in mentalism as men, and in fact probably many more. They just tend to prefer a different label and a different way of earning a living.

BTW, Noora Karma has her own TV series, which is currently running in her native Finland. It consists of ten... yes, TEN... hours of TV mentalism, making it one of the biggest, if not the biggest, single series of mentalism shows that has ever been made. Consultants on the show included Banachek, Marc Paul, Greg Wilson and myself.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
As to why they don't post: Because even the faintest whiff of femininity turns the Café into a den of howling wolves. Who would want to put up with that?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are There Any Female Mentalist's Out There? (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL