The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Is there a search facility in TMCafe?
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4973 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Upper right corner of the main page. Click on search to access our search engine.
Where the magic begins
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2562 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Why is the search resitricted to 3 months?

The problem with this is people keep asking the same questions again and again, and when they're told to 'just go and browse the archives' ....well, they could but they wont because it's such a drag to search 3 years worth of stuff in 3 month increments...

...and also on certain months it gets wrong what it thinks how many days are in three months and gives you a 'timescale too long' or whatever and you have to re-type the last date...

It would be so much more useful to everybody if searching was more extensive and over longer time frames

Hey I'm only complaining 'cos I love this place!
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Thanks. Thought I had looked there-must have missed it. As Slydini said, "You know why you donna see? You donna look!"
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
Shadowzen
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Shadowzen
I can't search period.

It takes me to search engine, but when I enter keywords and hit enter, it says it can't load the page, every single time.

It does the same thing when I try to do the log in at the top right.

Also the page after I post a reply is doesn't load, yet my replies/new topics always get posted.

Why is this?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24202 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You are probably having a problem with your ISP or your browser. It happens to me sporadically, too.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
296 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Is the Search restricted to only 3 months?!

I'm not sure we are getting an answer.

Do we need to ask Steve directly?

(Frankly, if this is the case, that is a MAJOR drag. I mean all this time spent collectively contributing but all of it virtually lost due to the way you have to search. This can't be right? Is it?)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4973 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Asmayly, nothing is lost. The default on the search engine is set to 90 days. If you don't get the results you want for that period or want to search farther back, you can reset the dates and look back an additional 90 days and so on.
Where the magic begins
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
296 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Yes. I searched this forum for other tips/comments about the search engine and despite the fact that you have to step back 90 days at a time, it still works for me.

Also, I discovered the "exact phase" function that I somehow was not seeing and that has helped my searching quite a bit.

Asmayly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL