The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3364 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, IAIN wrote:
I was thinking of buying this, however, I have heard that for the explanations of some of the systems, they have been taken word for word from other sources...is this true?

Has he no respect for the art!

He should have followed the established practice of numerous other creators. Change a few words here and there to make it seem like your own work before typing it up and selling it for a hefty fee.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2588 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I recently published a book called 'Cold Reading Games'. It's a light hearted approach to giving readings, teaches you just enough to get you into trouble and create a conversation. It's priced at five and a half bucks for Kindle.

You can get my book 'The James Bond Cold Reading' for under 3 bucks for Kindle. My other titles aren't that much more.

I used to charge a lot more for my books. Times change. But I never charged 100 bucks for anything. I can't imagine it.

I may put all my readings books into one mega-tome and make it look nice. Still can't imagine it'll be hitting 100 bucks though.

Personally I like to use mentalism to amaze people, and readings to connect with people. Mentalism = hardcore. Readings = softcore. I don't want to impress people when I'm giving a reading, I want to give them an experience. Mentalism can be Ice Cold. But I think readings should be warm and fuzzy and nice.

Throwing some hot reading remarks into a mentalism effect can be cool. But they're not readings, they're just part of what we all do.

YMMV
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2014, bevbevvybev wrote:
I recently published a book called 'Cold Reading Games'. It's a light hearted approach to giving readings, teaches you just enough to get you into trouble and create a conversation. It's priced at five and a half bucks for Kindle.

You can get my book 'The James Bond Cold Reading' for under 3 bucks for Kindle. My other titles aren't that much more.

I used to charge a lot more for my books. Times change. But I never charged 100 bucks for anything. I can't imagine it.

I may put all my readings books into one mega-tome and make it look nice. Still can't imagine it'll be hitting 100 bucks though.

Personally I like to use mentalism to amaze people, and readings to connect with people. Mentalism = hardcore. Readings = softcore. I don't want to impress people when I'm giving a reading, I want to give them an experience. Mentalism can be Ice Cold. But I think readings should be warm and fuzzy and nice.

Throwing some hot reading remarks into a mentalism effect can be cool. But they're not readings, they're just part of what we all do.

YMMV

Really like your thinking here!

I, too, use cold reading primarily as a way to connect with others. My intent is to give them a gift that makes them smile and feel good.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have paid big bucks for the works of a couple of guys. I did not resent paying Paul Voodini for what I saw as fairly groundbreaking stuff and recently I paid what I think is big money for something from Jerome Finley. Both guys have a proven track record, and I know I will grow as a performer from these works.

A few other guys I would pay big bucks for - Bob Cassidy is one, and Julian, you are another. Your stuff gets you started like nothing else. I am delighted you undercharge, but if you quadrupled your prices I think your stuff would still sell. Put it up to the 100 bucks and I am not sure whether the few who appreciate it would make up for the lost sales though!

I know nothing about Morgan's book, or his experience as a cold reader. This seems pricey for someone with no track record. I am looking forward to a few reviews.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Giannim
So unfortunately none review about this book...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Other threads have reviews and opinions.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Having seen the DVDs I wouldn't hold out much hope for this book. It seems like he doesn't really know the meanings of anything. Which he frequently referenced in the dvd set... Being someone who's well versed in palm readings, it was almost offensive... I mean there are different schools of palmreadings, I suppose. The dvds however just seemed to be a big trailer for his book.... however I suspect that if you go to your local bookshop and buy a book on palmreadings for a few dollars/pounds/euros/yen/wans/shekels (etc) you will get way more out of it than this. However I could be wrong, and maybe he tips the "real work" in this book.

//Dan
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, dyoung wrote:
Having seen the DVDs I wouldn't hold out much hope for this book. It seems like he doesn't really know the meanings of anything. Which he frequently referenced in the dvd set... Being someone who's well versed in palm readings, it was almost offensive... I mean there are different schools of palmreadings, I suppose. The dvds however just seemed to be a big trailer for his book.... however I suspect that if you go to your local bookshop and buy a book on palmreadings for a few dollars/pounds/euros/yen/wans/shekels (etc) you will get way more out of it than this. However I could be wrong, and maybe he tips the "real work" in this book.

//Dan

Yes...I watched the DVDs which do in fact seem like a trailer for the book. After watching the DVDs I am no longer interested in the book.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
The book was horrible. I'd add more details, but the last time someone gave a detailed and accurate review of the book the thread got deleted.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
I can't wait to hear Clairvoyants details on this lol
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Thanks Tom, actually I tried to search this topic on other threads but I was not lucky Smile now I try again, in case could you please help me?
Thanks,
Gianni
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
424 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Its great to get back to this thread and see the development of "what is." Grateful for all of you sharing what you've found.
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
There is nothing in this book you can't buy for a much cheaper price somewhere else. I found the same info (and more) on the internet through a short google search. I regret purchasing. I recommend you do not make the same mistake.
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Are you kidding? I can find all of the contents on google, except for the other more ethical contributors such as peter turner who submitted original material.

Morgan's plagarism should never be condoned.

Regards,
Mike
widuk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of widuk
Lately, many books are written about cold reading. But I think if you can't improve Ian Rowland's "Full facts", don't do it.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Still no answer to my question. I don't understand why Morgan is ignoring his customers.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, insight wrote:
Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well on your end. When you get a chance, can you let us know which 5 psychic websites you were ranked as the #1 psychic? Also, can you let us know the names of the other cold reading systems that you mention below you don't like? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jun 2, 2014, Morgan Strebler wrote:
First page of Introduction to Ice Cold

What is Intuition in the Dictionary?
The Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary definitions of intuition are:
In-tu-ition (noun)-
1: immediate apprehension or cognition without reasoning or inferring
2: knowledge or conviction gained by intuition
3: the power or faculty of gaining direct knowledge or cognition
without evident rational thought and inference

So, that means intuition by definition would not be reasoning, inference, or rational thought. And without rational thought, that would also eliminate intellect, judgment and common sense. Very few people reach intuition, but with this book you will be as close to that as possible.

This is the Cold Reading System that I have been doing for multiple years, it has developed over the years to what it is today, an entire foundation that you can use on any oracle, whether that be, tarot cards, playing cards, runes, or palm reading, as well as a script I have created over the years, to make it easier to remember, that you can come back to if the reading starts going downhill, it has been battle tested in all conditions, and places. It is the script I used to become the number one psychic on five actual psychic websites in less than a month (per a bet that I had with Ulises Galeano).

Throughout this book I will give you nuggets of information that I have acquired through experience in the real world through a multitude of years. I will take you from a complete beginner, to a seasoned pro by the time you are done reading this book. I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them, this is covered in the advanced sections of the book. As well as how to be their rock to lean on when this happens, because you want to make them feel as good as possible while giving them extremely strong information about their lives, information that there would be no way to know unless you were a genuine psychic. Things like names of their loved ones, that has a backup script in case you miss the name, that will be leave them more surprised about how you knew. As well as branching systems to get pin point hits, based on their age, you will be able to tell their hobbies, and traumatic events in their lives, as well as some of the medications that they are taking or drug use.

I didn’t like the other systems how others cold read; it sounded like fishing, too much, and hated hot reading. So I wanted to create something with the same results as hot reading but purely cold reading, I also always believed that Cold Reading, is being able to go out and connect with someone on a level weather be a psychic entertainer level, or personal level. Being able to tell things to people that only they know about themselves being past present or future, and entertain them with no props, no magic no mentalism and just connect mind to mind. This book will allow you to do just that!
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Mike, I'm sure he'd be delighted to answer your questions but unfortunately the answers are all subject to a confidentiality agreement so he'll have to reluctantly decline to answer.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them,..."

Which is, of course, the main goal of every responsible reader. Apparently, he's just slopping over with ethics and personal integrity.

This thing started downhill and took a dive from there. The similarities to passive-aggressive mugging are appalling.

• I'd like to apologize for being so cranky on this particular subject, 'author' and product. I spent many years as a psychic fair reader, a telephone psychic, Event Tarotist, Numerologist and Astrologer, etc. etc. I resent the attitude of the above quote. Everything about this product, from content to marketing, from attitude to pricing, seems close to vile. And as of yet, no one has posted anything that would change my mind.

If you want to learn to read cold, take $20 to any used book store and buy one book on the subject you like. Then learn it and do it. It's that simple and a lot faster than getting good at faking it. And more accurate.

I'll now shut up about the whole thing....probably.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
"I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them,..."

Which is, of course, the main goal of every responsible reader. Apparently, he's just slopping over with ethics and personal integrity.

This thing started downhill and took a dive from there. The similarities to passive-aggressive mugging are appalling.

• I'd like to apologize for being so cranky on this particular subject, 'author' and product. I spent many years as a psychic fair reader, a telephone psychic, Event Tarotist, Numerologist and Astrologer, etc. etc. I resent the attitude of the above quote. Everything about this product, from content to marketing, from attitude to pricing, seems close to vile. And as of yet, no one has posted anything that would change my mind.

If you want to learn to read cold, take $20 to any used book store and buy one book on the subject you like. Then learn it and do it. It's that simple and a lot faster than getting good at faking it. And more accurate.

Tom,

Don't apologize!

Best wishes,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Tom,

Morgan's book represents everything that is wrong with cold reading. It is unfortunate that Morgan has moved onto his next "Latest and Greatest" project called "Touched", leaving all of his old customers who paid a handsome sum out in the cold. No refunds, no returned emails...and what are we left with? A plagarized piece of work that wasted our time and money.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL