The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2014, Morgan Strebler wrote:
Hey Mikkel,

You don't have to rely on Tarot or Runes. I personally use Palms. You can just give straight cold readings if you want. My crazy ass eyes make it hard for me to do that. lol He is adding his whisper effect, and mine is completly different. There are some other GREAT contributors to the book such as Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Ulises Galeano, and Paul Voodini!

I just placed my order. I'm looking forward to the release, Morgan!! Smile
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Not trying to be a jerk here or anything but for 300 bucks Id hope ever order would be signed and a deck.... just saying...

Quote:
The first 50 Pre Orders of Ice Cold will come signed, and with a FREE Tarot Deck!!

I'm please to announce the contributors of the book. They are in no special order because they are all brilliant Ulises Galeano, Peter ThePerceptionist Turner, and Colin McLeod!! I'm VERY excited about this book!!

Thanks,

Morgan
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Buy or don't buy, but I don't know why people want to !@#$% about the price. It is what it is. Think it's too much? Don't buy it, but let Morgan (or any author, because this happens all the time here) choose to price it as he or she wants.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Morgan,
Although I'm not new to cold reading, I certainly have a tremendous amount I desire and need to learn. I believe this book will put me on the path and that's why I didn't hesitate for a second to purchase it on the first day it became available. I am SO looking forward to receiving and using the Ice Cold System.
Thanks for writing it,
Gaunt
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Gaunt, why this book specifically and not Morgans other works? Or Bob Cassidys or even Peter Turners products??
Sorry for my curiosity, it's just sound way too specific to me.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Gaunt, why this book specifically and not Morgans other works? Or Bob Cassidys or even Peter Turners products??
Sorry for my curiosity, it's just sound way too specific to me.

airztonne, in answer to your question, I own three of Morgan's other works. I have the utmost respect for Bob Cassidy as he is a legend and always will be. I hope to begin purchasing "Bob Cassidy's Guide to The Jinx" this month. Thanks to the threads in the Magic Café I have recently purchased products of Turner, Finley, Alexander, Vlad, Webster, Rowland and others. Thank you for the questions.
Gaunt
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, Gaunt wrote:

Thanks to the threads in the Magic Café I have recently purchased products of Turner, Finley, Alexander, Vlad, Webster, Rowland and others. Thank you for the questions.
Gaunt

Must have been an expensive couple of months!
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Hi Chamberlain,
I guess it has been. I failed to list Ash as a May purchase. Great to interact with a member from Scotland.
Thanks for the comment.
Gaunt
Déclic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Déclic
Mr Strebler, Does the system enable to make "predictions", since we are at the nearest of this (the definition you give of intuition says that it is no conscious knowledge, but actually that doesn't mean we have not unconsciously grabbed pebles of information we then assemble for our internal reasoning, so I will differ a bit with you on that point), from written pieces or phone calls?
Or do you have to have people in front of you?

Finally, my question comes to "can you make it blindly, with only words as data for starters"?
Do you even need starters?

I am very interested with this product. But as a neuroscientist, and someone very much interested by psychology
and behavior (talk about professional quirks...), some of your claims are really "magical",
so it is hard for me not to wonder about its workings and possibilities...

I am especially intrigued about your use of patterns to identify the things you want to know in your subjects?
Does it use such things? Because in the end, we really are very different, and some things are purely random (like
given names), so how could you read that using such things?

Thanks by advance for your insights
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, insight wrote:
Hi Everyone,

In the interest of fairness, it has come to my attention that there is more at play in the clip that just Morgan's thinking. The video is also a performance from one of the effects of Andreu's latest book, MindSight:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

The effect is called SentiMental. Yes, for the kicker ending it does uses a bit from Morgan's / Ulises personal cold reading approach, but the premise of the effect is from Andreu's new book.

So you won't be able to do it exactly like shown in the video unless you read both books and apply the explained approaches.

I hope this clarifies things for some of you out there.

Regards,
Mike

Thanks for claryfying.

Btw, the link is wrong, this is the correct link for MindSight:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Cheers,

Andreu.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, insight wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to see a clip with the Ice Cold system in play, and I'm sharing it with you here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHaBUpelO0

As you can see, this has the potential to create such high level emotional bonds with your spectators. Great work on this, Morgan and Ulises!

Regards,
Mike

So to confirm aside from the fact that it's Andreu's effect with the whole think of an emotion part, what Ulises is doing theres is Morgans Ice Cold system?

In other words, Ulises correctly guessed it was about her giving birth completely cold?
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Folks,

In accordance with "magicians helping magicians", I am posting the link for the other Ice Cold System thread in Latest and Greatest:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

As you will read, there exist serious concerns among leading mentalists and cold readers regarding Morgan's work. I will let you all make your own determination about implications from these leaders in our field with such harsh words for the Ice Cold System.

Morgan, it would be greatly appreciated if you could add your thoughts. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Who is Ulises and why did Morgan bring him in to the project? I've seen him post here occasionally but he's no Jerome, Luke, Looch, Docc, Bob or Iain.

My guess is Morgan brought him in to add legitimacy but seems an odd choice.

I think Morgan overplayed this release - $300 seems a stretch.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Who is Ulises and why did Morgan bring him in to the project? I've seen him post here occasionally but he's no Jerome, Luke, Looch, Docc, Bob or Iain.

My guess is Morgan brought him in to add legitimacy but seems an odd choice.

I think Morgan overplayed this release - $300 seems a stretch.

Good question. What about the contributors Morgan mentioned: Paul Voodini, Colin McCloud and Peter Turner? Have they previewed Ice Cold? If yes, will they comment on its contents?
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I'm a big fan of Paul Voodinis work (bought a bunch of his pdfs over the years) and would love to know his thoughts. Whilst someone like Colin is superb at what he does, along with Peter, I don't think they have the same experience working solely as a cold reader/psychic that Paul has.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Morgan and others set the bar VERY high with the price tag from a performer that has little track record in cold readings in terms of releases.

I think its best to walk before you run - Morgan could have released this as perhaps a $60 book and underpromised/overdelivered.

But with this... it seems a shame really.

Scryers Band Of Readers is less $$$ by far.

If Morgan is paying attention he might be wise to dial the price WAY back, lower expectations, and let some buzz get created over a new baby.

This seems like buzz kill at $300
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I believe Morgan's mother has been ill/had an accident.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well on your end. When you get a chance, can you let us know which 5 psychic websites you were ranked as the #1 psychic? Also, can you let us know the names of the other cold reading systems that you mention below you don't like? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
First page of Introduction to Ice Cold

What is Intuition in the Dictionary?
The Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary definitions of intuition are:
In-tu-ition (noun)-
1: immediate apprehension or cognition without reasoning or inferring
2: knowledge or conviction gained by intuition
3: the power or faculty of gaining direct knowledge or cognition
without evident rational thought and inference

So, that means intuition by definition would not be reasoning, inference, or rational thought. And without rational thought, that would also eliminate intellect, judgment and common sense. Very few people reach intuition, but with this book you will be as close to that as possible.

This is the Cold Reading System that I have been doing for multiple years, it has developed over the years to what it is today, an entire foundation that you can use on any oracle, whether that be, tarot cards, playing cards, runes, or palm reading, as well as a script I have created over the years, to make it easier to remember, that you can come back to if the reading starts going downhill, it has been battle tested in all conditions, and places. It is the script I used to become the number one psychic on five actual psychic websites in less than a month (per a bet that I had with Ulises Galeano).

Throughout this book I will give you nuggets of information that I have acquired through experience in the real world through a multitude of years. I will take you from a complete beginner, to a seasoned pro by the time you are done reading this book. I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them, this is covered in the advanced sections of the book. As well as how to be their rock to lean on when this happens, because you want to make them feel as good as possible while giving them extremely strong information about their lives, information that there would be no way to know unless you were a genuine psychic. Things like names of their loved ones, that has a backup script in case you miss the name, that will be leave them more surprised about how you knew. As well as branching systems to get pin point hits, based on their age, you will be able to tell their hobbies, and traumatic events in their lives, as well as some of the medications that they are taking or drug use.

I didn’t like the other systems how others cold read; it sounded like fishing, too much, and hated hot reading. So I wanted to create something with the same results as hot reading but purely cold reading, I also always believed that Cold Reading, is being able to go out and connect with someone on a level weather be a psychic entertainer level, or personal level. Being able to tell things to people that only they know about themselves being past present or future, and entertain them with no props, no magic no mentalism and just connect mind to mind. This book will allow you to do just that!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Hi guys - thought I would add my thoughts/impressions about Morgan's book. As you may be aware I am listed as a contributor. Morgan got in touch with me probably 2 weeks ago and wanted to tell me about his new cold reading book. We discussed it for around 30 minutes on the phone. His ideas sounded good, made sense, and (perhaps most importantly) workable. He had one little tip that he shared with me that I thought was a stroke of genius - but obviously I can't share it with you! Smile

After talking with me, Morgan asked if I would like to contribute anything. I told him that I was far too busy at the moment with various projects and issues at home to write anything new for the project, but I would gladly contribute my Cold Reading Lecture Notes. He was happy to accept this, and I contributed it as a gift, no payment required. My understanding is that my contribution is an added bonus, an extra, rather than something that makes up the bulk of the work.

I have no idea what Pete and Colin have contributed. But I am sure it will be great, as they are two of the stand-out thinkers in mentalism at the moment. Likewise with Morgan's work.

From my conversation with him, I know that Morgan is a passionate guy with a real love for his work and this book in particular. It isn't my place to comment on the price-tag as I haven't read the work. I merely added my contribution to him as a favour.

Hope this helps to clarify things.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Voodini wrote:
Hi guys - thought I would add my thoughts/impressions about Morgan's book. As you may be aware I am listed as a contributor. Morgan got in touch with me probably 2 weeks ago and wanted to tell me about his new cold reading book. We discussed it for around 30 minutes on the phone. His ideas sounded good, made sense, and (perhaps most importantly) workable. He had one little tip that he shared with me that I thought was a stroke of genius - but obviously I can't share it with you! Smile

After talking with me, Morgan asked if I would like to contribute anything. I told him that I was far too busy at the moment with various projects and issues at home to write anything new for the project, but I would gladly contribute my Cold Reading Lecture Notes. He was happy to accept this, and I contributed it as a gift, no payment required. My understanding is that my contribution is an added bonus, an extra, rather than something that makes up the bulk of the work.

I have no idea what Pete and Colin have contributed. But I am sure it will be great, as they are two of the stand-out thinkers in mentalism at the moment. Likewise with Morgan's work.

From my conversation with him, I know that Morgan is a passionate guy with a real love for his work and this book in particular. It isn't my place to comment on the price-tag as I haven't read the work. I merely added my contribution to him as a favour.

Hope this helps to clarify things.

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't clarify too much. One stroke of "genius" idea does not a book make. We are concerned. He's not you. Not by a longshot. We shall see. $300 is big bucks for a new book from someone not known for this specific kind of work or history.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL