The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, saysold1 wrote:

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't clarify too much. One stroke of "genius" idea does not a book make. We are concerned. He's not you. Not by a longshot. We shall see. $300 is big bucks for a new book from someone not known for this specific kind of work or history.

I can sadly offer no more insight as I haven't read the book, and offered my contribution as bonus material as a favour to Morgan. If I knew any more I would happily divulge. Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Morgan, I advise you to share your work with Voodini, as he can impartially and properly assess the value to consumers. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
I am interested in the book.. just taking my time and waiting for reviews..
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
The video did nothing for me at all. Seems like can lines from the sneak peek that was on the video.

I am willing to bet my left man bit that the whispering was part of something that happen a few moments before.

I really don't see any reading here. Just a few can lines and a pre show bit. Seems like a magician trying to do readings and trying to pass it as the real deal. Might be better to,just buy Paul Bell's book, 'readings for the magician'.

Well, I just saved myself $$$$$$.

Best
Ray
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Lots of opinions for a book that even isn´t sold yet.. Smile
Déclic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Déclic
Thanks Mister Voodini for these insights. That's better than nothing and we at least know that
some interesting material will be there (even if the bulk of it is still to assess).
For the rest, I think we have now to wait a little for Morgan, as we also had some feedback from Pete Turner
about "his contribution" to the book.
Since this is not a limited product finally, we are not in an urge.
Wait & See...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, backinblack wrote:

Many of us are pretty good at reading palms - and also the tea leaves of a product that seems half baked and overpriced.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
My take on cold reading is that most don't understand it at all:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-real-work-of-......563.html
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, backinblack wrote:

Many of us are pretty good at reading palms - and also the tea leaves of a product that seems half baked and overpriced.

*om*
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Who is Ulises and why did Morgan bring him in to the project? I've seen him post here occasionally but he's no Jerome, Luke, Looch, Docc, Bob or Iain.

My guess is Morgan brought him in to add legitimacy but seems an odd choice.

Indeed, who is he? Considering he never gave readings two years ago it is an "odd choice". I fail to see anything legit. Sounds like a book of increasing hits (maybe it will increase- maybe not)rather than readings. I'd suggest Cassidy's book (linked above) for info on cold readings and Scryer's 'Band of Readers' for actual readings, and anything from Webster and Martin (naturally).
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
I'd be an ass for not mentioning Riggs and iain... so there ya go.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
My take on cold reading is that most don't understand it at all:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-real-work-of-......563.html

I was wondering when Bob was going to chime in...

On another note, my dear departed father taught me many things.

Among them were:

1/ Mind your own business (that one is out the window)...

2/ Don't bad mouth anyone...

3/ Don't knock success.

Keeping those things in mind, my only comments regarding this thread are-

I have some tulip bulbs for sale (each one priced at the value of an average house) and also available is a bridge (which I don't actually own)!

Since I can't add anything constructive, I'm just going to shut up.

Best wishes to all,

Scott
p.s. My personal opinion of Jerome Finley (we have never met), is that he is sincere, talented and generous and several other positive adjectives which fail to come to mind at the present!
p.p.s. My father would consider Bob Cassidy a true gentleman. For that matter, so do I. As for myself, I wish that I had held my tongue but simply couldn't resist the temptation.
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Sel
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Sel
Would love to buy this!
Too late though
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It will be available again in several months. Save up.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
psychicir
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of psychicir
I am not getting a good vibe about this book. An unfair vibe because I don't know much about it and haven't read a single word. I did see an unimpressive video but that isn't what is bothering me. When I see advice on making people cry this gives me a bad feeling. Still, I am being unfair. I will try and read this thread more carefully instead of cursorily looking through it before I give a more accurate verdict. I suppose my scepticism is based on the fact that over the years I have seen such a load of crap purporting to be the real stuff on psychic readings. Most of it is complete dross. Perhaps this isn't.

I expect I do more serious psychic readings than anyone on this section. Thousands upon thousands of them in fact. This is not necessarily a blessing but at least it does qualify me to give an opinion. And I shall give it when I read this thread properly and make my evaluation.

Oh, and just in case some of you get the wrong idea, I am not referring to Bob's book but the one written by Morgan.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Given the ready availability, at very reasonable prices, of MANY excellent books on cold reading written by experts with a long track record in the field, I'm wondering why this book, by a magician and illusionist, is being sold for three hundred dollars.

As I posted in another thread about similarly priced books- the most expensive books I every put out were sixty and sixty-five dollars - and one of them contained my entire professional act. Did I under price myself that badly?
psychicir
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of psychicir
Oh, I have more or less read this thread now. I watched some videos of various alleged worthies who gave me the creeps. This seems to be the philosophy of amazing rather than the philosophy of helping. In other words "the man who knows" approach instead of "the man who cares". It seems like a mentalist doing tricks rather than a psychic doing readings. I have a feeling this has very little do to with readings at all. A decent psychic reader does NOT try to amaze his clients. That is the sign of a stupid magician trying to be a psychic. No. A decent psychic tries to help his client. This is nothing to do with psychic readings despite the mention of tarot cards, rune stones etc;. Weirdos staring at a client to freak them out or make them cry is hardly a spiritual experience.

Sorry. I am not convinced.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Given the ready availability, at very reasonable prices, of MANY excellent books on cold reading written by experts with a long track record in the field, I'm wondering why this book, by a magician and illusionist, is being sold for three hundred dollars.

As I posted in another thread about similarly priced books- the most expensive books I every put out were sixty and sixty-five dollars - and one of them contained my entire professional act. Did I under price myself that badly?

Yes you did Bob, I am eagerly awaiting a tomb of your stuff all in one place. Your stuff has inspired me no end and I am thankful for everything you have shared.

Pete x
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Err......that would be 'tome', I think.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, psychicir wrote:
Oh, I have more or less read this thread now. I watched some videos of various alleged worthies who gave me the creeps. This seems to be the philosophy of amazing rather than the philosophy of helping. In other words "the man who knows" approach instead of "the man who cares". It seems like a mentalist doing tricks rather than a psychic doing readings. I have a feeling this has very little do to with readings at all. A decent psychic reader does NOT try to amaze his clients. That is the sign of a stupid magician trying to be a psychic. No. A decent psychic tries to help his client. This is nothing to do with psychic readings despite the mention of tarot cards, rune stones etc;. Weirdos staring at a client to freak them out or make them cry is hardly a spiritual experience.

Sorry. I am not convinced.

Golden words.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Cold Reading Book! (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL