The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Don't laugh - I'm serious (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Does someone market a color changing tie? care to PM me a link?

* thanks Joe. Will pick one up and see if can be made using some old quality ties of more conservative appearance.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Jon, I just sent you an email with a link I couldn't get the link to work in a PM.

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Thanks Joe. Smile

I'll have to check it out some time.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Guys,
thanks again for all your suggestions

Forget about this thread; this whole idea stinks and has no potential. Wouldn't you rather go practice some card tricks right now?
Smile
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Now THAT made me laugh! Smile
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Here is an idea for the card tie for those of you that want a headache....Yes I said CARD tie.

Wear your tie proudly then Wipe your hand down the front of the tie and all the face of the card vanish! You are left with blank cards on the tie. In your hand you now have a full deck of cards.

Chris
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
I was thinking of something similar, but where no cards are left on the tie. This way one could make some comment on how they like to carry around their cards. Smile

The blank card idea would be cool with a roughed up blank/regular deck so you could show the deck of cards before and after. Clean up would be a pain though, so maybe some kind of deck switch would be more feasible. I don't know, what do you think? Smile

I would also like for the tie to be able to have more than one built in purpose. I think that would be key to broadening its appeal. Smile
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Doug Conn has a nice idea with a coin and his tie in his book.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13386 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Looks just like your book, dan.

oops. I see someone already mentioned that.

Quote:
On 2004-01-11 00:13, Dan Watkins wrote:
This tie rocks, I ordered one right away.

Thanks for the link mystre71

BTW - I think this tie is the coolest looking one for the card guys.

Dan
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks,

I think I will ask my nearly normal wife to get me one for Valentines day.

Just serious.

I will also do a web search and see if I turn anything else up.

I love this forum.

Harris "Palms of Aluminum Foil" Deutsch
For the lighter touch in coin magic

My wife did get me the tie that Dan posted a link to.

http://www.wildties.com

Has some great other ties with United States bills as well. The tie looks best on a dark i.e. black shirt. (At least in this nearly normal guys eyes.)

Of course the fashion police have been called on a few of my performance choices.

I have been known to do kids gigs as well as family venues in my sponge bob tie. (Repeat after me Sponge Bob, Square Tie)

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Necktie topit was Bob Driebeek's creation and made popular by Fred Kaps. Norm Nielsen currently makes and sells them.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
I just ordered my tie for my IBM Ball...
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I like the idea. I think it would be a funny trick if, at the end of the performance, you "remove" all the coins from the tie. How, well, that's up to you... but I think it would be cool.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Quote:
On 2004-01-11 11:45, jimisolo wrote:
Thanks for the quick links Dan. I too will have to order those ties.

tedski, I would encourage you to not give up on coming up with your own version of a tie. A combo effect tie would be sweet. Combined with Curtis' idea of matching it up with Moratta's Color changing tie to pull the coins off, and Jon's suggestion of the Hoo coin, you'd have an awesome tie that I'm sure many of us would come rushing to your 'doorstep' to purchase.Smile

You might even consider a Toppit. Smile

I don't know, but thanks for posting this idea. I don't think it's crazy at all (as you can probably tell Smile ). As a matter of fact, you (and the others who have posted here) have given me a GREAT idea for a "combo effect, card tie". Will get back to any who may be interested, or have suggestions, as soon as I get some of the prelimenaries down. Smile

I offer a huge second - A topit or servante would be most appreciated. This is a tool that I don't see being used, or if it is, te they don't talk about it. A servante allows a completely real vanish.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
MANY thanks for the link. As I'm into escapology I just ordered this -- been looking for similar for some time. Smile

http://www.wildties.com/dyn/tieviewbig.jsp?id=WT100401

Riley
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I love it ! Smile
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
Has anyone mentioned the marketed item (I have no clue the name of it) but it's a coin tie with a sh*m so that you can use ste*l coins instead of the hook?

It comes with a coin that on one side had glued the same fabric as the coin tie so it not only sticks for a coin on tie effect but if you wanted a clean vanish that NO ONE is suspecting, it camoflages also. The effect is around 30 dollars and again I'm sorry I have no idea what this is called or who it is by. Worth it in my opinion.
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Zowie! Sounds like a great appliance. I'd like to know about this one also.
There a lot of good ideas on this thread - keeps the ol' noggin working creatively.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Some of the card-themed ties are great too!!

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Great thread. I too will get some ties.
Thanks all for good ideas as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Don't laugh - I'm serious (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL