The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Don't laugh - I'm serious (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I made a tie topit a long time ago. It took me forever to find two ties where the stripes matched exactly. I cut the end off of one, creased it on a pattern line, and stuck it down with some iron on webbing. Nesting the tip of the good tie into the pocket of the cut off piece, matching the pattern and basting down the partial piece completed the project.

I made it deep enough to hide a playing card. Just holding the deck (or coin) near my chest for a moment was all that was needed for it to slip out of sight.

Alas, styles changed, wide ties went out of style, and it's long gone. It was a fun project, but thinking back, it would have been cheaper in the long run just to buy one pre-made.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Wild Ties even has extra long ties for guys like me, who look dorky with a regular length tie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Don't laugh - I'm serious (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL