The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » PK Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RudyC
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of RudyC
Which is the best coin to use with the PK ring (Magnetic Quarter, Steel Shim Core Quarter or Shell Shim Quarter)?
How can you mask the noise the coin makes when it hits the ring? I would truly appreciate any input.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Steel core coins are best in my opinion. If magnetic then you can run into repelling as well as attraction. Of course you can use that to your advantage, but I find that a bit too demanding! Shim shell is fine if you are looking to use a shell, though you will have to use a smaller coin for nesting.

Jim
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Mask the noise by not putting the ring on the coin. Put the ring down a small distance away and slide/rub the ring into position while your hands are together.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
A few more potential solutions for the sound issue:
[list][*]Though I haven't seen one for sale in a while, they do (or did) have black PK rings that are coated with a rubber-like material that muffles the sound.

[*]You could use a slightly oversized ring and wrap a band-aid or a little moleskin around the inside part of the ring, like some do to a too-large ring until they manage to get it resized.

[*]Hank Morfin, who is a member here at the Café, created a PK gimmick and sells an ebook with instructions to make it. So rather than use a PK ring - which all pretty much look like... err... PK rings!... his gimmick can easily be added to any ring you own. Coated with a rubberized spray it makes for noiseless pick-ups. Available here: www.morfinmagic.com/html//store.html
Jim

PS-For some reason the site will not display the link properly. Copy it and paste it into your browser.
RudyC
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of RudyC
Thank you both for your input. J-Mac, I will definitely try the band-aid idea and look into purchasing the book. Thanks again.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I wouldn't want a pk ring... just forgetting it is on and going for your wallet could ruin magnetic striped credit cards.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:
I wouldn't want a pk ring... just forgetting it is on and going for your wallet could ruin magnetic striped credit cards.

No it wouldn’t. You would have to make contact for a longer period that just grabbing your wallet.

Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
OK Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use my ring for coin thru glass type effect's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » PK Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL