The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Audio Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I have invested recently on some great books over the year and I was thinking how I wish I could take my books with me and listen to them over and over again as I'm at the gym or driving to work or even in my office. I'm curious why this medium isn't explored more as maybe a bonus or even available at an additional cost?

Or is it just me that would be interested in this?
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
ELDEMONIO
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of ELDEMONIO
I've been listening to Darwin Ortiz' Designing Miracles and love the audiobook format. I too would like more of this, however, I suspect listening to theory is much easier than ,say, methods. So maybe that's why there isn't too many audiobooks in magic. I would also suggest magic podcasts as an alternative. I've listen to many great magicians speak about their work and find this extremely satisfying when I'm driving.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Michael Weber and I have done several teleseminars that are available as audio MP3s at http://marketplaceofthemind.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3814 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I'm a huge audio fan as well. It's helped amiably pass the time on many a long flight or tedious drive.

Ben Cummings offers Conversations With Mindreaders series. It's remarkable. The sound quality isn't always the best, but the content is outstanding. You can get this directly from Ben...if he's still selling it. I'll listen to this again and again. Great thoughts from some of the biggest names and deepest thinkers in mentalism. It's a staple offering on my iPod.

I learned a lot from a novel called Nightmare Alley...the tragic and fascinating tale about the rise and fall of a mentalist who starts on the carnival circuit. Brilliant work...available at Audible. I've often thought this should be required reading for mentalists.

I've been re listening to Wonder Words by Kenton Knepper. A good resource for presentation and scripting.

In addition to the tele-seminars Bob was talking about, he and Jheff have regular "chats" that I get through the Mastermind Reader's Workshop. I don't know if they are available to the public or not...but there are many nuggets of wisdom that get dropped there. I remember my first MindVention...and sitting with Bob in the pub for an hour or so. We chatted about all kinds of things and when it was over, what I had learned about mentalism and stagecraft had doubled. Bob has this way of dropping these great nuggets of common sense practical chunks of advice in the most casual way. You have to listen for them...but they're there. That's what these tele-seminars feel like sometimes.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Love all of Bob's audios, Bob & Jheff's audios, and am a huge fan of Conversations with Mind Readers. And I just relistened to my Nightmare Alley audio book via Audible! Also, Docc Hilford frequently includes a great audio file with his webinars.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
David-

The twice monthly chats are only available at the Master Mind Readers Workshop.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Bob, I admittedly don't have any of your seminars yet and will certainly look into them in the future. I do agree with the sentiment of the breaking down of effects could be difficult, but isn't it pretty much the same as reading a book anyway?

At this point I listen to my lectures and some of my downloaded purchases in the car instead of music or sports radio. Mentalism has truly become an obsession for me. Even the girlfriend has accepted it.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Audio Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL