The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Brass Ring Escape (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I've had the brass ring escape trick for several years but I've never actually performed it. I wanted to finally give it a try, but I was also wondering if anyone here has performed it, and, if so, what kind of reactions do you typically get.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Are you talking about the one with both your wrists tied on each end of a rope? There would be a couple of feet of rope between your wrists with @ a 3" brass ring hanging in the center.

-Mary
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
This is the one where you have a nut a bolt and a lock. You thread a ring onto the bolt and then thread the nut on securing the ring on the bolt. Finally, you put the lock on securing everything. You place a handkerchief over the nut and bolt and are able to remove the ring from the nut and bolt within seconds.

I performed this for the first time last night to around a dozen people at a dinner party. I think that it went over well, especially since all of the pieces are examinable. However, I still felt like it came across as more of a puzzle. Although people seemed to have no idea how it was done. I suspect that they assumed that it was gimmicked in some way.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you are OK with a puzzling effect, fine. Can (did) you make it fun and entertaining? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I tried to. I ended up doing it while playing the theme from the Mission Impoosible tv show. I tried to make it funny and not too serious. I got some laughs and I think people were genuinly puzzled, although I'm sure that people suspected the nut and bolt even though I handed it out for examination.

I'm still not sure how how feel about this effect overall, but it was still fun to perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Brass Ring Escape (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL