The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Transducer speaker for seances and spook shows (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
With modern technology at our disposal, many of us bizarre magicians have discovered clever ways of using audio devices for "spirit voices" and the like. The problem is small speakers. Small portable speakers are needed for discreteness. However, the quality is distinctly electronic. Your audience will clearly recognize it as such and the suspension of disbelief is gone.

I have recently begun using these: OrigAudio Rock-It 3.0 Portable Vibration Speaker System at http://amzn.to/1i5osVO. It is an audio transducer. Stick the unit's tiny transducer onto pretty much anything even remotely hollow or resonant and it turns the host into a speaker. Think luggage, coffee cups, umbrellas, milk jugs, wastebaskets, buckets, cars, lamps, cardboard boxes, whatever. Pill-shaped unit measures 3-3/4" long x approx 1-1/2" wide with an amplifier, rechargeable battery, retractable cord with adhesive transducer, both mini-USB and 1/8" TRS input plugs and a jumper cord so you can daisy-chain multiple units together. Runs 4-8 hours on a charge.

I put mine under my seance table when I perform Gloomy Sunday (http://magic.wvhypnosis.com/creations/). It is amazing the reaction! It sounds like it is filling the room and is untraceable.
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Thanks Viktor,

I just placed my order and thinking about placing it into an antique box of oddities.

Eric
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Nice idea Eric! I think that will work splendidly for you. Let me know how it works out!

Viktor (Vince Wilson)
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Thanks Viktor
Interestingly enough, they were just sending this up on "World's Dumbest" yesterday!
They were attaching it to many improbable things such as cats...
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Oh, and just because nobody else has said it yet,
"The transducer, will seduce ya"
;)
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, GeoffreyD wrote:
Oh, and just because nobody else has said it yet,
"The transducer, will seduce ya"
;)

I see what you did there ! Smile
I had a $10.00 Amazon gift card, just ordered one for $3.99 with free shipping !
Thanks for posting !

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4359 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Just aquired a small bluetooth speaker that fit's just right inside my plastic trumpet that I will make to look oldish,this will be hung from the ceiling hiding the speaker or I may insert it in an old style radio. I am now playing with spirit voice recording's and this will be set off in time intervals from my spare mobile phone,well that's the plan.
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
187 Posts

Profile of aheads
Viktorbc - or anyone with one of these: I have an idea for an effect which could maybe use this technology. If anyone is willing to try a little home experiment for proof of concept, then I would be really grateful. PM me if you are willing to try something quick and easy.

Thanks.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Transducer speaker for seances and spook shows (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL