The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ipswich II (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata

Gemini Artifacts
Presents

IPSWICH II
The Ghost of Mistley Pond

A heavy fog rolled up from Mistley Pond, and you were there. The faces float before your eyes. Angry, betrayed, some merely dismayed. You are channeling the spirit of Matthew Hopkins, the Witch Finder, and the souls of the men and women he sent to their deaths surround him still. He was hounded to his grave by the work he had accomplished in his life. Hounded by the spirits; hounded by his neighbors, for there is no rest for the wicked.

How was he able to find witches, his neighbors wondered with increasing anxiety, how did he know where to hunt? Is it not suspicious? Is it not terribly, horribly irregular?

On 19 August 1647, John Stearne, Hopkins’ longtime witch-finding partner, and a mob of concerned neighbors dragged Hopkins from his home in Manningtree and accused him of being ‘ye chiefest witch of them all.’ The proof lay on Hopkins own desk: the instruments of witch hunting: his log, a private record of his unusual visions. The strange drawings: signs of the planets and zodiacal symbols. And the Oracle . . . that was most ***ing of all—a bizarre scrying column that he used for his visions—a ‘verie doorway unto Satanic practice’.

They subjected Hopkins to his own Ordeal by Water. They bound him to the ducking stool, placed him in the pond, and waited to see if he would sink or float. As Hopkins descended into the water, he used his last breath to curse his betrayer, ‘Thou shalt not live in peace, John Stearne! Nor thou nor thy seed, breed, and generation!’ Hopkins’ home was burned in a ritual cleansing, the ashes scattered, and most of the suspect articles perished. Only the log escaped partially intact, and the tales told by those who had upon that night beheld Hopkins’ ‘unholy relics of witchery’

The Stearne Curse exists and has been attested right up to this very day. In the fifteen generations since Hopkins’ death, the Stearne descendants (variously named Stearne, Hollister, Kentwood, and Croft) have suffered 23 house fires claiming 11 lives, ten murders, eight suicides (two brought about by ‘visions’), three instances of ‘premature burial’, and an inherited predisposition for early onset senility/Alzheimer’s that manifests only in the males of the family in their 40’s, the same age of John Stearne when he betrayed his partner, Matthew Hopkins.

Through the years, members of the Stearne family have sought in vain to recreate Hopkins’ relics in their effort to undo the curse. In 1902 a descendant, Reginald Kentwood, began his 15-year quest to research and recreate the Hopkins log based on memorial reconstructions and fragments of the original log (still housed at the Manningtree museum nearby Mistley Pond).

In 1947, on the tercentenary of Hopkins death, The British Museum released a commemorative set of the 12 known Hopkins ‘vision figures’. Perhaps this was the breakthrough needed, for, you see, the blood of John Stearne flows in your veins, and you have taken up the challenge to decipher and break the three-century-old curse, but, alas, with little success.

However, tonight you shall try again.

This highly limited edition set is bound to be a collector’s item comes complete with:
The 197 page aged Hopkins log which Reginald Stearne had privately printed in 1917.
The 12 Anamorphic Image plates 8x8 (20x20cm) from the 1947 British Museum release.
The Oracle, or scrying column required to view the visions, as reconstructed by Reginald Stearne before his death in 1935.
A keepsake chest to hold the velvet-wrapped Oracle.
9000+ word performance manual edited by PROF BC.
Extremely Limited Edition of only 50 units complete with hand-burned wood certificate of authenticity.

www.geminiartifacts.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
It is a b00k t#$t. It is a puzzle-in-real-life. It is a mind reading routine (in fact, it is two, three or four and you are in complete control of them all!) It offers remote viewing opportunities par excellence. It is a manifestation of an ancient curse and the revelation of dark secrets. It is a full-contact, spectator-driven exploration of seventeenth-century superstition and early science that ends in failure to break the curse or surprising success (always in your control!)

This is Vic Nadata at his ultimate best. Extraordinary idea. Ethereal performance. Exquisite props.

[And a superb video from everyone's favourite vent-videographer!]

Highly recommended.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Vic, that looks Pretty DAMM Cool !

Wonderful video ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Video presentation sets a new bar for an unveiling. Excellent. What an intriguing Easter egg to find this morning!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
You can tell a TON of work went into this. It looks great!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of horus1
Wow!! Looks amazing!!!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5487 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Wow. Just plain wow!

I have an older - I believe German? - brass version of the "scrying column" (mine is contained inside of a brass cage) and it was basically a throw-away-effect...one of the drawings it revealed was actually a nude woman. But, it always struck me as a "mysticism" type of plot so I hung on to it. And, I'm sure it is based on some ancient principals. Anyway, long (ignorant) story short, I am so glad the principal has been harnessed here and re-birthed into something incredible.

I know ideally, we would like to avoid overtly promoting the commercial end of the bizarre arts, and instead concentrate on more cerebral pursuits - and I totally admire that - but I have to admit it, when I saw how cool this kit looked, I pressed the PayPal button like a hungry vampire seeing a pulsing vein.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Sold! I have no doubt it is as amazing as it looks!
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
COOL!!!
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
239 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Looks fantastic , especially the book and the scr###g t00l...! Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Love it ! Yes this does look to have a lot of personal TLC & detail invested. Hopefully there will be a few left by mid-end next week Smile

Amazing job on this Vic & love the vid, agree you've raised the bar with new effect introductions !!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I know Eddie Garland worked especially hard on this video piece...

And made this product look amazing! Bravo to all involved! Beautiful props, story, video, et al.

Can't wait to see it in person!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Wow. That's looking great.

Congratulations for this great product to everyone involved!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks absolutely amazing, time.to start saving the pennies again-
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1216 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
The spirits moved me to sell my Aes goetia. Now I know why. Payment sent! And now the wait begins. I have always wanted one of these!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Estimated release / shipping date on this ?
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Some have shipped today. I expect all to go out within the next week or so.

Remember, you get immediate access to the manual in the downloads section at Gemini.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1216 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I've been reading the download and must say I'm impressed. There's a lot to work with here and this can be taken in many different directions. Can't wait to see the real props!
Marc Charisse
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1256 Posts

Profile of reese
*just for fun* The entire '68 movie "Witchfinder General" starring Vincent Price as Matthew Hopkins
can be seen on youtube.
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
First time I saw this, I thought "what is this metal looking thing for?" Then I saw it on the plate and I had that wonderful "holy SH!t, that's amazing! how come I've never seen this before?" reaction.

Seriously excited about this! Well done, Vic Smile
oh, and the red, velvety cloth adds a nice touch.

Do you barter in souls by any chance? Perhaps you might have some kind of poor, struggling magician assistance program? Would it help or hurt if I put on a sign that said "will work for props"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ipswich II (34 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL