The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ipswich II (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
This looks amazing! Top on my wish list!
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Staring at IPSWICH II sitting in front of me. Wow! It looks great! I am waiting till tonight to go through the effect as it is a bright sunny day here and its killing the mood. The items look great. When this is not being used this will absolutely be a display in my shop. The props are absolutely conversation pieces.

THE BOOK: aging is very well done and a bit different that Gemini products in the past. I have always been a fan of Vic's aging style. He has done a number of items for me in the past. Each aspect of the book is aged in a realistic manner as opposed to everything being equally distressed. Parts are more worn where they should be worn from use but the entire book isn't beat to hell. The page edge roughing is new for a Gemini book. I love it. Definitely a Prof. BC Dopp influence - which looks very cool. (...and was adopted with BC's blessing- I asked already)

THE CARDS: Larger than I expected and very cool. They remind me a little of my Rorschach cards in size but square. Definitly hand waxed as there is no sticking together issues. They are soft to the touch and Honestly I could frame them as a display item in my shop. (which is prob gonna happen as long as the scrying tool still reflects them correctly. Very nice!

THE ORACLE: Well done. It is not as large as I imagined it which is good. I was worried it would be awkwardly large. engraved on base and flawless eclectic construction. Not overdone. Not "duded up". wrapped in a red velvet cloth that I imagine can be used to keep it clean.

THE SCROLL: It looks cool. Parchment tied with cord. It looks handwritten to me but I don't know if it is or not. This is always a subject that comes up here so I figured I should mention it. I can't imagine a spectator thinking it was anything but handwritten.

THE BOX: Everything fits nicely into a black box with pentacles carved in the top. The latch on the box allows for a small padlock. I like that. I think it adds something when a spec sees an effect unlocked. The box shows that it is special - to lock it suggests it is coveted or being restrained.

The being limited to 50 units is great. That makes it an item I can display without it being recognized as anything but what I present. That is a make or break point on certain items for me. Love it. Nice job on this one. Sorry to only review the apperance. I have read the manual and it looks great but Im not going through routines until its dark out. Smile
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5487 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Solid review. Thank you!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of horus1
Zoop!! Dang.. I feel like I just had a bag of "magik crack" waved in front of me...
Despite my pledge of "no more props till Dopps IV".... I ..... can't .... resist.....
ORDERED!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
THE BOOK: aging is . . . Definitely a Prof. BC Dopp influence - which looks very cool. (...and was adopted with BC's blessing- I asked already)

Very true. Vic is a dear friend and I am only too happy to be of any assistance I can. Magicians helping magicians, right?

I got my IP2 today, too, and agree with the review wholeheartedly. Run, don't walk, to the Gemini site.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thank you Zoop for that review! (You too BC!) I do appreciate it.

As for the scroll, yes they are all handwritten. More users should be getting their tracking numbers this weekend, and I expect that all orders will be on their way to customers by next week.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
This is def a ready to go presentation piece but I am always into a down and dirty. Anyone got a quick hit presentation on this? I see a number of routes and have ideas (untested) but just wondering if anyone actually went live yet and details. Go crypt or PM if needed. There are only gonna be 50 of us in the world. I think its safe to share Ideas. Smile
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Eight or so customers received theirs yesterday with more on the way this week. We are fast approaching the halfway mark for units sold just in the first week. A few of you have also taken advantage of the Ipswich 1 deal for 50.00 off when purchasing with Ipswich 2. I do have these in hand and they are shipping even though my site still has it listed as a pre order item.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1216 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Dear Dog,

Like you, I am kicking around ideas, waiting for mine to arrive. would love to share ideas once I get prop in hand. Will keep you all posted and when they arrive we can move conversation to crypt. After reading the performance manual, not sure if curse theme fits me. Thinking more of a demo of the witch finding powers of the oracle, then it chooses the WFG as the witch for the finale.

Marc Charisse
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
With almost half already sold, I was glad to get my pre order in before these awesome looking limited 50 all sell out ! I breezed thru the e manual & WoW - loving it, Well done Vic !! Can't wait to get mine, especially after seeing ZoOpDoG's pic posted !

On a side note, other than Vic being awesome with responding fast to emails, inquires & help as well as his speedy shipping after purchasing, I love how his site is set up so that you can immediately go & download your e manual right after purchasing ! Vic IMO has a simple & user friendly website / store pages to cruise thru & buy from ! Smile

Thank you Vic ! Looking forward to this to add to my other witch theme effects & keep my Ipswich 1 company Smile

PS - on a separate,separate side note, anyone seen the new tv series "Salem" ? Kinda cool & seems they are using some historical things / situations & characters, just bringing the "Witch" & Satanic ritual effects / storyline forward for a spookier show as if there were real Witches & witchcraft back in Salem Smile
Nice timing with this Ipswich II............
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Woo-Hoo.......Just got my shipping notice, should have this in hand by Wed Smile
Thank you Vic for keeping your promise of hamming these new orders out by today & shipping Monday, your the man !!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thanks guys! I also have a few in stock now for immediate shipment.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I started a thread in the crypt about ideas for this. Work has been kinda crazy lately so I have not had a lot of time. Everything I have done with this so far has been well received. The stuff I was doing yesterday seemed worth sharing but it may reveal to much to be outside of crypt.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I just received mine today against the advise of my accountant and better half. I couldn't help myself and am grounded for a while.

I have not gone through the presentation enough to comment but I will say this:
You only have one chance to make a good 1st impression and Vic has done just that. I am sure when I pull this out to show people I will also make a good 1st impression.

Fast shipping and surprised when I opened the box. Black tissue paper (yay! bonus points Vic) wrapped the book and cards (cards also tied with twine).
The black chest splayed open to display a crushed red velvet wrapped object (the oracle) and other goodies such as the hand written (calligraphy styled) parchment scroll and a really nice burned wooden COA in a surprisingly high quality plastic sleeve.

This is the way to present a package. Its like eating a dish at a nice restaurant, presentation is part of the experience. I already feel I got my monies worth which proves presentation of this kind has much value.
May this be a lesson to other developers, it doesn't take much to demonstrate additional pride in your work and it makes customers feel good. Its a little thing but it goes a long way.

The cards are nicely aged, have a smooth workable feel in the hands and are of substantial size and weight approx 8"x8".
The oracle is very solid and well constructed, approx 5" tall. Nice choice of colouring for the staining on the wooden top and bottom. Engraved wood on the base. Understated elegance for this type of performance piece.

Pictures do not do any of this justice BTW.

I love the book, nice dark green color, very complimentary with the black chest. Nice aging on the pages, maybe a little too uniform but authentic looking enough. Raised binding with two spines. Engraved border on front of book. Overall adequate weight and size and quality feel in the hands. One of the best parts of the aging is the front edges of the pages being very rough. The hard cover is worn in all the right spots for a book "well preserved". You need to work with the book to break it in to give it true individual character. Its at a good place to start. Interesting content and layout very different type of book test from what I can tell at quick glance. It looks like a game Smile it looks like fun, for such a serious topic. I can't wait to see how it plays. It screams performance piece. This is very cool so far.

The chest is ominous with black metal trimming which I really like. 3 carved pentagrams on the top. A black, spade shaped clasp for locking makes this a serious go to piece. You pull out this and people will pay attention.

I will now check out the routine and workings. I really can't imagine they well be any less than quality and fun to perform. If you are still on the fence about getting this, I think it's worth the money to take the risk from what I can quickly tell. I wouldn't wait too long once the reviews starting coming in it will be too late.

I hope I will have time to write to you soon. Man I'm feeling good about this. I feel good about Vic's contribution. Thank you Vic! You made me very happy today and that's the way customers should always feel. I think this ones a keeper... will see... stay tuned...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Darkness, Thank You and the Others for the great reviews !
If I never heard of this, Your reviews would make me want one... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5487 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Darkness, how do you really feel? Open up a little bit. Be more descriptive. Smile
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I posted a casual routine in the crypt for this. It is intended to be for someone walking or touring people through their collection on display. It could lead into a full performance but is really just meant to be having some fun and leaving it all a mystery.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Ok maybe I was a little over zealous when I opened it as I don't get many parcels. What I meant to say was "Its ok".
I'm kidding of course. It really is great and I'm happy to have it. I have to spend some time with it to be sure.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1216 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
First impressions, additional thoughts posted in crypt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ipswich II (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL