The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hurt by brain flossing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Has anyone quite badly hurt themselves by brain flossing?
Best regards, Tom Smile Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Probably.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I've tried this, but I don't know the proper technique. I've snorted a ramen noodle up my nose, but wasn't able to get it all the way back.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2004-01-23 08:17, djvirtualreality wrote:
I've tried this, but I don't know the proper technique. I've snorted a ramen noodle up my nose, but wasn't able to get it all the way back.

And I've made fun of people who clog dance for fun? Oh boy.......
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I did this on tv the other day, and got a bleeder. Hopefully the camera won't have picked it up. I won't know till I see the show Smile

The most dangerous thing with this stunt is infection. Particulary of the flesh eating type. Unlikely I know, but still possible.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Quote:
On 2004-01-23 10:54, RandyStewart wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-01-23 08:17, djvirtualreality wrote:

And I've made fun of people who clog dance for fun? Oh boy.......

You can't help yourself being insultive and I admire you.
Best regards, Tom

Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
Zod
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zod
What is this effect brain flossing?
Never heard about it.
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Oh its putting somthing like a balloon up your nose and bringing it out your mouth as if your flossing

best regards tom
Houdinibleeding
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Houdinibleeding
Any good source for learning this effect?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
E-mail me and I will send my notes...
sanscan@4dcomm.com
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
There is a plastic kiddie type gimmick that clowns use to put a string in one ear and out the other and be able to pull it back and forth. It is also called Brain Flossing but nothing close to this discussion.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I did it with dental floss once and it all collected in the back of my throat and I almost through up on my audiance of about twenty. But that's the worst thing that's ever happened doing it.

P.S Don't use floss though it is callled brain flossing. Smile

Take care,
Kyle
kaos
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of kaos
Slim's notes are a fantastic help!
Thanks Slim!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thank you for the mention... After more than 50 years at this, I can be of some help on just about all the working acts. Remember though, without exception, all the acts have at least some danger. These are not magic shop tricks... Get a teacher for one-on-one study.
Slim Price/sanscan@4dcomm.com
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
kaos
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of kaos
These stunts may hold a degree of danger but isn't that like everything in life?
(do correct me if I am wrong!)
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Regarding everything else in life, choosing to do dangerous things with little profit is not the same thing!
Please don't blow off the danger aspect. I live in a wheelchair and have cancer, likely due at least in part to a life in the sideshows.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

kaos
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of kaos
I agree with what you are saying!
I certainly was not trying to blow off the danger aspect.
sorry if I caused offence. That was not my intention.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I need to apologize to a few people here. (and there)
Lately, I note that I've been a bit snappish with my responses, and it is not my nature. Getting old, I guess, and aware of my own mortality...
Slim Price/sanscan/Howie Diddit
sanscan@tds.net

m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Thanks for the really great notes sanscan
loved them, and they really helped ,me out

very best regards tom
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
It's a pleasure for me to share. Actually, I have notes,(essays) covering all the working acts.
Slim/sanscan/Howie Diddits
sanscan@tds.net

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hurt by brain flossing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL