The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin reynolds - shapeshifter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok, this is from a uk comedy series a few years back... the main guy plays different characters, but the people aren't in on it...

this has always been one of my favourite clips - but I do think its also a great lesson in character and belief, and how to carry off something so unbelievable, just for those moments - people believe in it, or at least, go along with it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11T_j268Dwk
I've asked to be banned
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
They are not going alone with it. They are bloody senile and comatose. I wish all my audiences were like that, I could get away with anything. (excuse my French).
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
They are not going alone with it. They are bloody senile and comatose. I wish all my audiences were like that, I could get away with anything. (excuse my French).

i think its a shame you think of them as senile and comatose...they seemed quite lively for their age...thought it was great that they got caught up in the experience and played along...
I've asked to be banned
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
??? Sorry don't get it.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Suspension of belief...what is really a slightly tipsy londoner doing pretty stupid, childish things...people are still wanting to get involved, playing along, and even getting flustered/nervous/wary of him when he "changes" into a dangerous snake...

have always thought it was an interesting dynamic...even though something isn't entirely real, and part of us know that its nonsense, silly or something else, we can still find ourselves getting drawn into that unreal scenario for a short time frame...even an extreme like this...
I've asked to be banned
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Its no different than pretending to be a monster and chasing your kids around the house!

as for the humour...cross between sacha baron cohen and league of gentlemen.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yup! its a good thing, and sometimes its something we lose sight of...
I've asked to be banned
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Haha! Superb!

I completely missed this show, thanks for the heads-up.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
See this segment, its even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFWFhPk8Bg
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
Anybody want to take a guess at the method? Obviously we need to take it downstairs if we discuss specifics, but I'm pretty sure it's in Corinda...
D.J. Ayur
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of D.J. Ayur
LOL! This guy's a clown.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin reynolds - shapeshifter (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL