The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotized mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Hello ...
I'm wondering what happens in mind of hypnotized people...
is there an internal dialogue that keep busy the conscious mind? is there imagination that keep busy conscious mind?
every thought or idea are welcome; Thanks for your answer Smile
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
That is a problem with hypnosis for some yes for others no and for others even yes and no. Hypnosis is a very subjective experience.

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Thx Jesse... I would want to understand what phenomenon I have to favour in the mind of my friends to get a good hypnosis... sometimes I suggest to concentrate on mental picture and it works (sometimes...); sometimes I suggest to concentrate on me and my voice and it works (sometimes...) ... sometimes I suggest they to leave the mind free and it works (sometimes...) ... maybe I can ask to experts or people with more experience on the field than me... what do you want happens in the mind of people when you put they in hypnosis?
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
In My OPINION and that is all anyone can offer is an OPINION.

Hypnosis is a state of awareness where a person may or maynot be aware of what they are doing in which they follow "most" suggestions.

There is only one phenomenon that truly matters - are they following your directions? Hypnosis above all of the hype boils down to just that following directions.

Do you have a specific intention in what you are trying to accomplish with hypnosis?

Jesse
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9572 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You will not get a true read or expected results likely on your friends. I tell my students I train that the worst people to try to hypnotize is your friends, for many different reasons. I believe nothing sets back new or wannabe hypnotists or sets them up for failure more than trying to hypnotize friends or family.
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
Mindpro is right on this. they don't see you as a hypnotist they see you as a friend that they have fun with and probably make fun of sometimes (all friends do).

This could be a leading cause of hypnosis not working.

Jesse
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Thx MindPro;
Yes Jesse, I would want to improve my hypnosis ability ...
Shuaige
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shuaige
Hi Guys

Any difference between hynotism in therapy and magic? Any difference in the state of mind? Just curious.

Regards
Shuaige
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19761 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Magic of course being a trick right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9572 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What an odd question. Do you think hypnotherapists just do magic on their patients? Really?
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
I think that the same person (in accordance with jesse statement about subjective experience) can experience the same "state of mind" ( maybe when the therapist is the same, in accordance with the Erickson statement "hypnosis is evolution of the rapport between therapist and subject" ) in therapy room or in a hypnosis show (no magic)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
No such thing as the "same state of mind" each state is different each person different.

I have always believed that hypnotists both stage and especially therapists put too much emphasis on hypnosis. Hypnosis is just a process a tool that we use to create an outcome. Its the outcome that we should focus on not the hammer.

I don't agree with Erickson in that "hypnosis is the evolution of rapport" Certainly on stage it has nothing to do with rapport more to do with the manipulation of expectation and group dynamics. And Hypnosis in my belief extends to how we are set up to respond and interact with the environment on a daily basis. Its the process of capturing and leading the imagination and conditioning or being conditioned to see or respond in a certain way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotized mind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL