The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What do you check/make sure before leaving the subject? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
After you've hypnotised thus have "waked them up" so to speak. What do you make sure and what do you check?

E.g.

Do you say "you're no longer hypnotised"

Or...

Do you check if they still are suggestible?

After I do e.g., hand stuck to the table or suggest that they can't lift a chair, the subject most often say, after the session, that their arm/arms feels wierd.

I try to always make sure that the subjects has no back injury before giving that kind of suggestions.

How do you feel at ease that you haven't missed something before letting them go?

Do you check their eyes, their concentration? Throw out a bunch of positive suggestions?

Also; I have induced post-hypnotic amnesia but I always feel a bit... "Oh ****, maybe there are some odds this can really **** them up." Should I worry, or is it completely safe? I more than I induce it decide not to because of that thought.

Kind Regards,

John
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I check to make sure that they haven't lifted my wallet.

Seriously, just tell them firmly that they will walk up energized and proud of themselves for providing such great entertainment, and tell them that all your suggestions are now just a memory. Don't over complicate it.
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:

Seriously, just tell them firmly that they will walk up energized and proud of themselves for providing such great entertainment, and tell them that all your suggestions are now just a memory. Don't over complicate it.

I do that but still I have this feeling that they might not feel good even though I ask them.

When they say "my arms feel wierd" I just say that it isn't dangerous and that it will go away.

Is there any steps to make sure they are fine, 100%?
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, John Linden wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:

I do that but still I have this feeling that they might not feel good even though I ask them.

When they say "my arms feel wierd" I just say that it isn't dangerous and that it will go away.

Is there any steps to make sure they are fine, 100%?

Just remember, they were suggestible in the first place to your instructions when they "went under". Equally, they should be suggestible to your instructions when you tell them how great they are going to feel when they come around! If they tell you that they are feeling funny/strange, tell them again that this is only momentary and that within seconds they will feel a burst of energy and feel fully awake and fine.( or words to that effect).

The main thing is, don't sweat it too much, and if you do, perhaps you should ask yourself should you be doing this in the first place? Maybe gain more confidence and a tighter script.

As an aside, I went to the latest DB show last month in Dublin. Near the end of the 1st half, he has a hypnosis segment where he tries to do an audience induction - he then goes out to the audience and selects his victim, sorry, volunteer. Anyhow, once he selects the person, he instructs any member of the audience who is still standing and "under" to wake up, feel fresh, etc. etc. That's it. However, as I was going up on stage to take part in the 2nd half of the show, some member of the audience came up to one of DB ushers and said that there was a guy still "asleep" in the top tier at the back row! I don't think DB went to him, as Brown was in his dressing room. I suspect one of DB aides did this for him.
Point being, you can never be too sure, although the main point is, if you can, select your volunteer wisely, and make sure that you have brought them back to Mother earth before you leave them! Remember, it can happen to the best of them, it is all how you handle it.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its actually quite important to know how suggestion works so that you do terminate hypnosis correctly. You actually don't know what you are leaving inside someone's head.

For example a simple few sentences such as "when I count to three you will no longer be hypnotized all suggestions will have been removed and you will be back to "normal" wide away awake fully alert and you won't go back to sleep until you are safe in your bed"

Seems ok. However if you are doing hypnosis shows in a holiday destination its possible they will have a few sleepless nights because of the word "your". As they won't be sleeping in their own bed.

That is just an example of how the unconscious takes everything you say literally.

Its ok for hypnotists to say that everything is ok nothing to worry about yet they never see the volunteers again.
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
I make sure they:-

know how much to tip
they have my business card
they will tell their friends how good I am.

lol
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
How do you prevent them from autosuggesting several weeks later and it might come as a 'blame' on you?
The Rain Man Glimpse

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You can't stop anything only do your best to prevent it.

However hers something I learned years ago. If you carry that thought in your mind or worry about it. At some point there is a good chance you will create it.
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, mindpunisher wrote:
You can't stop anything only do your best to prevent it.

However hers something I learned years ago. If you carry that thought in your mind or worry about it. At some point there is a good chance you will create it.

Alright. Thank you.

What would you do if someone called you weeks later and told you about these wierd symtoms, probably autosuggestions?
The Rain Man Glimpse

Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9570 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That they have nothing to do with what you did with them as you remind them that you had all suggestions removed and terminated upon waking. Someone could stub their toe a couple of weeks after you hypnotized them but that doesn't mean you had anything to do with it.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It doesn't mean didn't have anything to do with it either. Suggestion is a funny thing. All you can do is study and learn as much about it as you can.

I know from experience that subtle changes in suggestions I use with business and pro sport clients have a huge change in the outcomes.

There is also the possibility that someone will believe a symptom was caused by hypnosis which is almost the same as if it was.

I have heard lots of stories about people being affected by hypnosis in a negative way from those that went to see a show and watched one of their friends on stage. Now whether its true or not most likely not there is a big part of the public out there at least over here that tell these stories and believe them.

You have to be prepared for that too.

Being prepared is a good thing but nothing might never happen.

It has happened to me a couple of times where people supposedly acted strange for weeks after.

The real truth is I don't know for sure that they did or did not. I am open to the possibility that some might have adverse effects for s while. Especially if they had underlying problems anyway.

These are things you need to weigh up. Some don't seem to care one way or another I guess its up to you.
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Could there be any danger if the subjects start autosuggesting while driving in their car after the hypnotic session? They would'nt be able to autosuggest hallucinations, would they?
The Rain Man Glimpse

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19760 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No.

Look most of.this is taken care of in an opening lecture. Now for some reason there is some ridiculous measuring contest to see who can do the shortest one. It is detrimental to the process.

You explain during the opening that there is no way these things can happen. It is a myth. Since they are suggestable in the first place it sinks in.

Hypnosis is about so much more than sticking hands or whatever you do with them and it is a disturbing trend to try to not bother to learn about the whole process before moving forward. This is very basic stuff that if you do not understand hypnotizing people is something I would advise against. You are not going to hurt anyone, but you can absolutely kill your reputation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What do you check/make sure before leaving the subject? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL