The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Christ Twist vs. The Asher Twist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Which one of these is better ? Or are they the same ? I've got a birthday coming up pretty soon, and am going to drop a little B-Day cash on some new sleight material Smile Thanks !
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
These two sleights are totally different. I would suggest that you spend your money on The Card College series. More bang for the buck!!!

Enjoy the experience,

Paul Green
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
What's the difference between them ? Like effect wise, ease of use, angels, etc.... ? Thanks Smile
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
The Asher Twist is a trick. The Christ twist is a sleight used in many tricks. Follow Paul Green's advice. He knows what he's talking about.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul's the man and knows. Follow the advice of a real worker!!!

P.S. I prefer Reed McClintock's "McClintock Twist". It's Ashers, but easier and at chest level.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you need more technical information than this, you need to move the thread to the Banquet Room.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Breather
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Breather
Quote:
On 2004-01-11 18:49, MagicChris wrote:
Paul's the man and knows. Follow the advice of a real worker!!!

P.S. I prefer Reed McClintock's "McClintock Twist". It's Ashers, but easier and at chest level.

McClintock's is totally different. At the end of his routine he exercises the Asher Twist in a way common to most magicians. The sleight is exaclty the same except from the position of the hands in relation to the body and this is not unique to McClintock.
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Asher Twist is what I use. I Think the original question really should be "McClintock Twist vs. Asher Twist"?
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I personally find the McClintock Twist harder to handle with regard to angles. Asher's works a charm.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Sociomagi
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Sociomagi
My vote is for the Asher Twist. I use it all the time!

Mr. Asher has it on DVD now.

I remember learning it from his Cooking video years ago. Smile

I'm sure you can find it at http://www.leeasher.com

just my 2 cents

Peter
Belief is the biggest step man can make!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Since this has kind of drifted into a McClintock Twist versus Asher Twist: I'd say get 'em both. I learned the Asher Twist years ago from Paul Wilson's "Ricochet," but just recently I purchased Lee's wonderful new DVD and learned some subtleties that make this one trick DVD well worth the dough. I also learned the McClintock Twist during a Castle lecture (by Reed) and purchased the video a couple of years ago. However, Reed's new DVD makes learning this super cool trick very easy to do; plus he's got some extra stuff on his DVD that is very creative. There are lots of performing opportunities for both tricks, and the angle issues that several have brought up aren't as difficult to deal with as one might think. Furthermore, both gentlemen give you some tips for dealing with the angles.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Just as a side note- The McClintock Twist IS Asher's (ask him about it).
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
The fact that you are asking this question tells me that you don't have Card College (which includes the Christ twist move). Especially if you have some birthday money, by all means get that before you spend a dime on anything else related to card magic!

Get all your fundamentals down before spending good money on any of these one-effect DVDs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Christ Twist vs. The Asher Twist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL