The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Limited Edition (or Most Expensive) Hypnosis Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Anybody know what is the most expensive (or limited edition) book on hypnosis? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9572 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I have one left - Mindpro's Ultimate Guide To Hypnosis-Limited Edition. $225,000
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The most expensive is mine. It costs $1000 000 for the cover. I was going to give away all my secrets but decided to limit it to the cover. However its signed and numbered 001 of 001

But since it is no longer available the price is now $5000 000 and I will throw in a scanned copy of Mindpro's as a bonus.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Great, can you send me the link to purchase? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Oh sorry, I read $2,500 and $5,000, oops...missed a couple of zeros. Now, I see you guys were joking, haha!

Regards,
Mike
Nico
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nico
Could be interesting read the MindPro Hypnosis Book... or the mindpunisher Hypnosis Book... two point of view about hypnosis so strong...
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
On a more serious note, what really is the most expensive hypnosis book?

Regards,
Mike
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mike, it is a meaningless question. There are limited editions such as the works of Jerome Finley, which sell for hundreds. There are out of print books that sell for thousands. There are rare first editions that are close to priceless. And there are brilliant books out there that cost very little. There is no real correlation between price and content. Why do you need the most expensive book?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4226 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I purchased one of the last five "Thought Veil" hardbacks, it's it a darn encyclopedia! Great resource to have as I'm learning hypnosis.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Awesome, I got an email from him that there were only 2 more copies remaining. You're lucky to have grabbed one!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Apr 29, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
I purchased one of the last five "Thought Veil" hardbacks, it's it a darn encyclopedia! Great resource to have as I'm learning hypnosis.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Is this a real question?
I assumed it was a joke.

Are you wanting the best book hypnosis regardless of price (as opposed to the most expensive book regardless of quality)?

..Thought Veil is good though. Get that, you won't be sorry.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It was a real question, but I think there was an erroneous assumption that I was trying to prove that there is a correlation between price and content. I am not trying to prove that. Rather, I believe that there is a positive relationship between price and exclusivity. Meaning, if the price of a book is so high, it will afford performers that much more ability to perform something that others would have been less likely to experienced.

I agree, Thought Veil is amazing!

Regards,
Mike
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19761 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think you make an erronious assumption with price and such. Having money in no way correlates to exclusivity.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
My assumption is a correct one, and it is proven by market economic forces at play. For example, Thought Veil is a relatively expensive book. As a result, you don't see everyone and their next door neighbor perform in a manner consistent with Thought Veil's approach. In other words, the price DOES relate to exclusivity.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
I think you make an erronious assumption with price and such. Having money in no way correlates to exclusivity.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Actually Mike, I agree with Danny. Telepathy in Action is a very cheap manuscript, but it provides a blueprint for a very unique approach to a hypnosis show. Despite it's cheap price, and it's practicality, only a handful of performers use the approach.

So it has the same element of exclusivity as Thought Veil without the highish price. Yoru correlation breaks down.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
"Exclusivity" and high prices in my experience are marketing tools used to appeal to those that think if they pay a high price will be be getting a better deal and be a part of an elite group.

Just as cheap products are aimed at those that need to feel they have had a bargain.

They are both marketing tactics aimed to exclude hard earned money from those that buy into it.

Its just Marketing hype.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Hi Tony,

Armed with a mathematical background, I can tell you that the statistical accuracy of a correlation is rarely 100%. As I previously articulated, there is a relationship between price and exclusivity. It may not be a perfectly positive relationship, but it is to a very high degree, and there will also be outliers in any regression analysis. Your example is just one of a few outliners. ALL other examples, including Thought Veil, support my theory. It is also a theory supported by others in the field that realize price does relate to exclusivity.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On May 1, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Actually Mike, I agree with Danny. Telepathy in Action is a very cheap manuscript, but it provides a blueprint for a very unique approach to a hypnosis show. Despite it's cheap price, and it's practicality, only a handful of performers use the approach.

So it has the same element of exclusivity as Thought Veil without the highish price. Yoru correlation breaks down.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Insight Exclusivity was created to sell high value products to people who share your values. Its a marketing ploy. Its about making cash. Its about targeting a specific market. Its called a micro Niche.

Exclusion through price has always been a weapon of marketers. As has scarcity (limited numbers) and time limited offers. There is a relationship between exclusivity and anything you match it with.

Its about pressing your emotional buttons

Exclusivity is about making someone feel special or that they are part of an elite group. Nothing to do with mathematics.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mike, I don't believe there are enough high-end hypnosis texts to make that judgement. It is too small an area. For every Thought Veil you could find, I could find a TIA.

Mentalism has far more texts, yet I feel it would still be the same. Jerome Finley, Voodini, and others release products for several hundred dollars. Then Thirteen Steps and other classics are almost free. Statistics become less useful with a small sample.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The best ever Mentalism effect which is my signature routine cost me £5. One of the best books I ever read on hypnosis cost me £2.50 Its out of print now.

These were both Gems that I wouldn't trade for any of the above titles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Limited Edition (or Most Expensive) Hypnosis Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL