The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Limited Edition (or Most Expensive) Hypnosis Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
What is it?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The hypnosis book AutoHypnosis by Ronald Shone Soor just checked it cost £3.50
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I really enjoyed that book, then lost it in a house move. Thanks for the reminder.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Im keeping the Mentalism effect to myself. Actually it was only $5. Ive created my own routine which ive honed over the years. I use with business people and it FLOORS its my very favorite routine/effect. its an absolute killer for peanuts.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
...ordered it. Thanks.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Really? Better than any of bob cassidy's stuff and better than anthony's stuff?

Quote:
On May 10, 2014, mindpunisher wrote:
The best ever Mentalism effect which is my signature routine cost me £5. One of the best books I ever read on hypnosis cost me £2.50 Its out of print now.

These were both Gems that I wouldn't trade for any of the above titles.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I said I wouldn't change them for the titles mentioned above. They have served me better than the £1000s I have spent on manuscripts and video programmes over the years. Because these two titles have influenced me more and I still use the principles in the work I do now. They may not influence you. you may not see the value. The point is value is not a correlation of what you pay for something. its what you do or can get out of it.

The work I do now has had many influences and has been incredibly costly over the years in term of training research etc. But time and time again I find some the most important "breakthrough" info very cheaply or even free.

I just found a book on Amazon kindle for 34p that no one will ever find or realize how powerful it is when used correctly with hypnosis. Some of the principles are core to a programme I developed for clients who pay me £5000 each without blinking an eye. However the benefits they get are worth 10 20 30 times. Ok its not just a 34p book. Ive been involved professionally with hypnosis for nearly 25 years. And have developed my own systems and processes which I largely keep to myself.I have spent £1000s on learning and honing skills. Im not suggesting you don't need to spend money because if you want to be really good at hypnosis or mentalism you most definitely will.

What I am saying is value is not always correlated to the cost of acquisition.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Mindpunisher, you said and I quote "What I am saying is value is not always correlated to the cost of acquisition." That's precisely what I was indicating a few messages up on this thread. Always = 100%. To be clear, there is a very high correlation, but it is not 100%. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but value is largely correlated to the cost of acquisition.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On May 11, 2014, mindpunisher wrote:
I said I wouldn't change them for the titles mentioned above. They have served me better than the £1000s I have spent on manuscripts and video programmes over the years. Because these two titles have influenced me more and I still use the principles in the work I do now. They may not influence you. you may not see the value. The point is value is not a correlation of what you pay for something. its what you do or can get out of it.

The work I do now has had many influences and has been incredibly costly over the years in term of training research etc. But time and time again I find some the most important "breakthrough" info very cheaply or even free.

I just found a book on Amazon kindle for 34p that no one will ever find or realize how powerful it is when used correctly with hypnosis. Some of the principles are core to a programme I developed for clients who pay me £5000 each without blinking an eye. However the benefits they get are worth 10 20 30 times. Ok its not just a 34p book. Ive been involved professionally with hypnosis for nearly 25 years. And have developed my own systems and processes which I largely keep to myself.I have spent £1000s on learning and honing skills. Im not suggesting you don't need to spend money because if you want to be really good at hypnosis or mentalism you most definitely will.

What I am saying is value is not always correlated to the cost of acquisition.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I've bought a lot of very expensive products and programs. I have certainly bought expensive things that were good, but in general I don't see much of a correlation between the value and cost.

I have noticed that for a longer or shorter time after buying an expensive product I tend to be extremely enthusiastic and, especially if it is on a topic that I am less familiar with, almost evangelistic about the product (presumably this is to stave off cognitive disonance). Over time though, as my familiarity with the product and field grow I often realize that there is just as amazing information available at more "regular" prices.

...This especially holds true for the majority of products that I have bought that are marketed Dan Kennedy style (not all, but most; as teen/young adult I was extremely succeptibleto those letters. Probably still am).

For myself I DEFINITELY agree with:
Quote:
Exclusivity was created to sell high value products to people who share your values. Its a marketing ploy. Its about making cash. Its about targeting a specific market. Its called a micro Niche.

Exclusion through price has always been a weapon of marketers. As has scarcity (limited numbers) and time limited offers. There is a relationship between exclusivity and anything you match it with.

I'm not saying that the most expensive hypnosis book in the world might not also be the best, I just don't think that the price alone is a very likely judge.
...but if/when you get it, let us know. Maybe it really is.

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Real value and exclusivity can only be created by your own creativity. Finding a gem for $5 that has been over looked and building a powerful routine around it is worth a lot more than spending £100s on a book gizmo everyone wants.

But the only way you get to a stage where you can do this is first to spend a fortune educating yourself.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On May 12, 2014, insight wrote:
Mindpunisher, you said and I quote "What I am saying is value is not always correlated to the cost of acquisition." That's precisely what I was indicating a few messages up on this thread. Always = 100%. To be clear, there is a very high correlation, but it is not 100%. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but value is largely correlated to the cost of acquisition.

Mike, a lot of us don't agree with you. There is a correlation between price and value, but it is not as big a correlation as you maintain, not in a field with such a relatively few publications. The correlation would be higher if there were more books, but I believe, as does MP and others, that the correlation is quite low.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I actually think the very cheap gems I have found have a higher value because they were cheap and over looked. They are a lot more exclusive than well known over hyped material. And because they require personal creativity they are for real in terms of exclusivity. Unless I decide to put them togeth dress them up and sell them for over inflated prices. Which is what happens in most cases anyway.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Resurrecting an old thread.

I think trying to compare something like Thought Veil (TV) and Telepathy in Action (TIA) is comparing apples and oranges. Both are very good books and supply the information the claim to supply. But TIA is a simple description of a routine while TV is a complete course in Hypnosis including marketing, routines, mixing mentalism etc. Two different books entirely.

Side note - yes I have a vested interest in talking about Jerome's materials but I'm not hyping here just comparing. I know Jerome and knew Orville Meyer as well.

It is only recently that you could obtain TIA for a low price. For many years it was fetching upwards of $250. I sold one of my copies for $250. I had originally paid $2 for it. I spoke with Orville at some length about the routine. His opinion of the overall routine was quite different than many people express on these forums.

All that said I do not always equate price with quality. Sometimes it works out that way, many times not. Like mindpunisher I have found many gems over the years (decades?!) that set me back less than $10. Sure I had to routine them myself but that is an added bonus to me. Gave me something exclusive.

Hope some of that made sense.

And mindpunisher thanks for the pointer to that book. I'll take a look.

~ Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Limited Edition (or Most Expensive) Hypnosis Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL