The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Card Camera" give away--thanks to everyone (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I've read through this and can and will use it. The PDF is well written and explains everything clearly.

As Robert knows (and makes clear reference to) it's similar to other methods. But that's fine by me. Some of the strongest effects have multiple methods. He has simplified it and it is very logical.

This is easy to learn and with a little practice you've got a nice 2 person effect. I will change the wording slightly as it is still a little of its type; I always used to laugh at the systems that instructed the medium to "come now, quickly please, tell us all of the object". Hes put some good thought into this and thanks for making it available.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1311 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks, Rolyan! I lost count but probably sent out 15 or so copies, and I got to meet several of you in the process. I put it on Amazon a few months ago, but didn't really get any bites on it so I thought I would just send it out to a few folks so it might be of use to someone rather than sitting in cyberspace. My favorite use of it is ACAAN and texting. Would love to hear how you use it!

I am going to get back to my real job this week and will be out of town, so I will have to end the giveaway for now. Thanks to all for the great comments. I've had a blast with this during the weekend!
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Hi - this fits nicely into my thought of card routine.

In essence, someone thinks of a card and I find it. Then another card is thought of, and a spectator finds it. Then another card is thought of and I ask my pal to find it (using your system). Then another card is thought of and my pal finds it without a word being spoken. It's one if those things that definitely gets stronger by repeating, but the different methods for each stage makes it really effective.

I will also be using it for the ACAAN, very nice.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1311 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Being an ACAAN crack addict, I started to philosophize when writing the two ACAAN effects in Card Camera. Knowing the Berglas criteria (and knowing I don't know how to meet them), I started to think (and this will not pass the purist test by any means):

1. What is the difference in impact between this ACAAN and the one that people say Berglas can do?
2. Better question, who is this impact designed for in a room with more than 2 people in it?
3. Is it possible that the ACAAN I designed for Card Camera would give the same exact impact that a Berglas holy grail would accomplish to 3 out of the 5 people who witnessed it? (which, again, I can't fully answer because I have no idea how to truly meet those criteria)

When I answered those questions, I was very pleased with the answers for myself and my purpose (which means, I will never be a professional performer, and my end goals are probably different; thus my methods can be different)

I realize this is truly a matter of opinion. I guess when I came to the conclusion that I may never ever find the holy grail and that I was happy for myself that I at least had a way to create such stories with my much easier method, the compromise didn't bother me. And make no mistake, using the method I wrote is a huge compromise.

I just realized that this could be seen as an advertisement of the manuscript. Far from it. I have given away far more copies than I have sold. Rather, this was a true mental exercise that I went through, and I thought it was interesting.

I guess it poses a larger question: If the impact is solid, does the method matter? And are these criteria that we keep setting for any method merely just arbitrary things that only performers care about? Is it like me practicing diagonal palm shifts literally thousands of times in the mirror when I could get almost the same result from a much simpler control or cop?

Again, I am just pondering...
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Card Camera" give away--thanks to everyone (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL