The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Interesting... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Any thoughts on this, gentlemen?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It seems to me: In reality very few professional gamblers exist at any given time. Today though quite a few poker players make money from sponsorship and all that and the money the player get from TV commentating and so on is taxable. So this part of it is much like pro sport or entertainment. The vast majority who call themselves pros however are mere players and make a lose. There is much delusion and illusion in the game. Gambling is the hardest game in world. It is far easier, for example, to use your money to buy sell used cars to make a living. They give no numbers, no balance sheet, here for this man and so how do we know he is making a profit or lose?

“The judge said this depended on the "true construction of the Child Support (Maintenance Assessment and Special Cases) Regulations."
He added: "On the facts found, I do not consider that it can be said that Mr Hakki had a sufficient organisation in his poker playing to make it amount to a trade (or a business), let alone a profession or a vocation."
Appeal judges Lord Justice Patten and Lord Justice Pitchford agreed with the ruling.
The former financial broker was made redundant in 1998 when in his mid-40s and has been playing poker for many years.”

This guy, a former financial broker, may have money or money from sources other than poker but I doubt he is supporting himself from poker playing in reality.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Not paying child support isn't cool.

I hope the mother wins her case..
Self concept is destiny..
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Which is a hopeless or desperate enterprise as she has lost the case already.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yep.
DoubleDutched
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
74 Posts

Profile of DoubleDutched
He sounds like a winner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Interesting... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL