The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to present palm reading... (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, Chaz93 wrote:
Why would you? Palm reading is it's own art. A palm reader is not reading the persons mind, but rather he is reading the persons palm, as is hinted at by the name.

I believe markings in the iris and lines upon our palms provide a near literal map of the individual's mind, plain and simple. While perhaps not based in "telepathy" or "mind to mind communication", the idea of our eyes and hands being visible extensions of the human brain which moves and coordinates them isn't too far stretched (especially when we take into account fetal development, the brain, eyes and hands of such together...it truly is astonishing).

In my work the closest I've come to real, authentic "mind reading" has been through 2 simple things:

1). Rayid Iris Interpretation and Scientific Hand Analysis

2). Contact Mind Reading ("deviceless dowsing" & capitalizing on the mind/body's natural ideomotor response)

Given how easy and natural it is to combine one with the other (i.e. gaining information and kinesthetic feedback during a palm reading session), the O.P's question kind of makes one wonder, "How far can this go and are the eyes and hands REALLY the brain made visible?"

If we can read and interpret one, might we read and gain access to the other?

I'd like to think so...and few things are stronger than holding someone's hands in mine, gazing deep into their eyes and then telling them everything there is to know about themselves.

For those wishing to combine the two, a few things spring to mind immediately -

* Luke Jermay's "Twisted Palm Reading" from his first book "7 Deceptions."

* Aaron Alexander's "Bridge" (not palmistry by any means, but provides us with a great tool for giving intuitive readings via hand contact and combines really well WITH palm reading).

;)

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1688 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
J,

I think, for the most part, palm reading is viewed and approached as an oracle and system of reading. I am interested in your take on it Jerome, but I think that's a unique take to yourself (Which is awesome. We need more people who are out there being them!). Because of the association with fortune telling due to the way palmistry is presented in the media it seems a good amount of people are willing to believe that the reader is able to tell them all about themselves, and maybe even see their past, present, and future.

I hold though that even if you were able to tell someone the name of their childhood crush just by looking at their hands that this is not actually mind reading. Since you are interpretting lines, shapes, flexibility, and what ever else have you from the hands you are not getting this information in the mind in a way that most people would consider to be "mind reading". It may be semantics, but I understand mind reading to imply "mind to mind communication."

I would love to read Vincents thoughts on the matter and see where he's coming from and what brought up the question though. Hopefully he'll chime in soon!
Vincent V.
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2014, Jerome Finley wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, Chaz93 wrote:
Why would you? Palm reading is it's own art. A palm reader is not reading the persons mind, but rather he is reading the persons palm, as is hinted at by the name.

I believe markings in the iris and lines upon our palms provide a near literal map of the individual's mind, plain and simple. While perhaps not based in "telepathy" or "mind to mind communication", the idea of our eyes and hands being visible extensions of the human brain which moves and coordinates them isn't too far stretched (especially when we take into account fetal development, the brain, eyes and hands of such together...it truly is astonishing).

In my work the closest I've come to real, authentic "mind reading" has been through 2 simple things:

1). Rayid Iris Interpretation and Scientific Hand Analysis

2). Contact Mind Reading ("deviceless dowsing" & capitalizing on the mind/body's natural ideomotor response)

Given how easy and natural it is to combine one with the other (i.e. gaining information and kinesthetic feedback during a palm reading session), the O.P's question kind of makes one wonder, "How far can this go and are the eyes and hands REALLY the brain made visible?"

If we can read and interpret one, might we read and gain access to the other?

I'd like to think so...and few things are stronger than holding someone's hands in mine, gazing deep into their eyes and then telling them everything there is to know about themselves.

For those wishing to combine the two, a few things spring to mind immediately -

* Luke Jermay's "Twisted Palm Reading" from his first book "7 Deceptions."

* Aaron Alexander's "Bridge" (not palmistry by any means, but provides us with a great tool for giving intuitive readings via hand contact and combines really well WITH palm reading).

;)

J.

Loved the idea of the palm being an extension of the mind... because it actually is! I think Palm reading can be presented as some really profound and personal mind reading if framed as Jerome just shared with us. Thank you Jerome, that is pure gold. I've read some similar thinking by Luke Jermay in his book From The Notebooks Vol 1.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5902 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I prefer to present it with a plate of cheese and a nice glass of wine.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, IAIN wrote:
You could make your hand into a talking mouth kinda puppet, and have it sick up the cards...

i know you weren't being serious...i just liked the weird visual...

I have been working on ventriloquism, and think that may be a pretty great trick! I'm also putting together a d-lights routine with a magician puppet.
Reality is a real killjoy.
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
191 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
PS
Just a thought... perhaps you may also consider, on a more direct note to the original question, Palm Mystery by Larry Becker and Lee Earle - "Palm Mystery is classic pseudo-psychometry that automatically delivers humorous "readings" plus a design duplication finish."
Again, just a thought...
Larry
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
The new product Palm Prophet by Ran Pink might be an interesting read for you, Vincent. I don't own it nor do I know whether it's any good, but to me it seems to be what you are looking for: palmistry in mentalism.

take care,
hans
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1255 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2014, Jerome Finley wrote:

J.

As a physician it makes sense, we do look at the hand for many things that reveals information on seemingly unrelated systems ( such as liver or heart diseases, even severe alcoholism ). I'm open-minded enough to have been experimenting with palm reading, my biggest beef with it is if the palm is mapping one's being it suggests that this person will never change ( unlike other medical-based signs ), when in fact ( in my experience in Psychiatry, and life ) they do, at least in the aspects palm reading seems to *read*.

Keeping in mind the mapping is unchangeable, and if we assume for the sake of discussion that it does reveal traits of character, then the only thing that it could reveal is the actual framework in which the changes that occur in a person if any. A deep inner look at one's Self, perhaps?

Obviously I don't believe much in palm reading systems on character traits ( let alone fortune telling ) but an open mind is almost always a good thing. On a side note, my post is relevant to the OP's post because that's the way I present palm readings at the moment informally. Add on a Luke Jermay bit with a premise of change( if your going with fortune telling or implanting of .. things ), and something interesting happens Smile

This link also should be of interest:
http://precisionwisdom.com/growing-case-hand-analysis/

Hope this helps,

- Feras
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
If you think about it, the whole universe is composed of patterns. And patterns are interrelated. So the patterns that make up a person, whether visible it not, should tell us things about that person. For example, we see someone with a drawn face and we make inferences about their emotional, physical and mental states. It is not a great stretch to imagine similar inferences might be taken from subtle physical clues. As an exposition of process, this makes as much sense as NLP, body language or psychological cues.
John
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Medifro,

The traits in the palm do change., sometimes quite drastically though out life.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1255 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On May 5, 2014, seadog93 wrote:
Medifro,

The traits in the palm do change., sometimes quite drastically though out life.

Which is why the claim of such traits being mapped on a palm that doesn't change isn't very convincing. One can argue that a correlation existed before change occurred, but I believe that's a long-shot.

@jstreiff
The analogy to face reading is an extremely good point. I live in the Arabian Peninsula where ancient tribes were famed for face reading among other deduction-based things. Its not exactly the same as palm reading as its thought that when you are born your face is a blank canvas. As your environment and emotions begin to affect you, your face muscles react and move in certain ways. Collectively, the shape of your features, your lines, shades and shadows tell a story. The face subtly changes with environment, palm lines don't.

Obviously I can't vouch for any scientific basis for the above, just ancient wisdom off ancient nomadic tribes of Arabia. Other interesting *systems* included sand footprints, which they could tell a pregnant lady from a guy taking a p*ss, but that's another story.

- Feras
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Medifro,

I may not have been clear (or I may be misunderstanding you), I'm saying that the actualy physical outlines and markings on the palm (many of them, not all) are what change, sometimes drastically. The things that do not change, like fingerprints, are unusual and because of that and they are interpreted differently; the major lines on the palm and even the hand shapes can and do change.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Correct.

The lines of your palm absolutely ARE NOT fixed, they change over time.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to present palm reading... (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL