We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICube by Hugo Shelley (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3734 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also as Brett has mentioned Labco has a dedicated receiver so you are not worrying about your iPhone . I believe they connect better to a one trick pony receiver .
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I wonder if the cube can connect to more than one IPhone , if yes , this might be interrupted by other strong BlueTooth . I'm going to find out an answer soon . Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Okay, I think I may have been won over to the ProMystic. Too many pros in agreement.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Actually yeah , there are obviously more people buying ProMistic , but still , Icube has it's own good things . For example , not needing to bring around an extra receiver . Smile

- Albert Einstein
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Actually yeah , there are obviously more people buying ProMistic , but still , Icube has it's own good things . For example , not needing to bring around an extra receiver . Smile

Icube has many other things going for it such as. Viewable push notifications on your iPhone home screen, the app can even be hidden in a folder so the icon is not visible.
If the app is open you get a visual large notification. You can have customisable vibrations and repeats and it is dead easy to change the vibrations for each number. You can see the last five selections making it perfect for working round a table. The electronics are designed to be easily movable to another object like a wallet etc. you can use it as a proximity sensor as well as motion and orientation. Customisable stickers will soon be available along side the many different ones out already and lastly prob there is a chance a pebble app may be coming out for it.

I know promystic products are top draw I even use one but icube has a lot going for it.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Magician560 wrote:

Icube has many other things going for it such as. Viewable push notifications on your iPhone home screen, the app can even be hidden in a folder so the icon is not visible.
If the app is open you get a visual large notification. You can have customisable vibrations and repeats and it is dead easy to change the vibrations for each number. You can see the last five selections making it perfect for working round a table. The electronics are designed to be easily movable to another object like a wallet etc. you can use it as a proximity sensor as well as motion and orientation. Customisable stickers will soon be available along side the many different ones out already and lastly prob there is a chance a pebble app may be coming out for it.

I know promystic products are top draw I even use one but icube has a lot going for it.

Thanks for your thoughts . Smile

- Albert Einstein
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
I wonder if the cube can connect to more than one IPhone , if yes , this might be interrupted by other strong BlueTooth . I'm going to find out an answer soon . Smile

Without the app installed it won't show up in the list of devices and if two magicians at the same gig were using it each icube has it's own log on name.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Hehe ... Thank you for information . Smile

- Albert Einstein
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
The bluetooth is reliable. It's the same technology as a bluetooth headset, if not better. You don't have cases of your bluetooth headset linking to other phones etc, do you? As for range, I believe it's comparable to promystic.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

DTJK Smile . So I see you like Icube quite a lot yeah ?

Anyways , I downloaded the app . It looks cool . There is the vibrating mode inside there . So one question here . The vibration will only start when the cube has been stable for a few seconds right ? If the phone vibrates while the spectator is turning the cube then that might be a problem .

- Albert Einstein
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1173 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
DTJK Smile . So I see you like Icube quite a lot yeah ?

Anyways , I downloaded the app . It looks cool . There is the vibrating mode inside there . So one question here . The vibration will only start when the cube has been stable for a few seconds right ? If the phone vibrates while the spectator is turning the cube then that might be a problem .

You can set a delay so once the cube has settled it will vibrate after the number of seconds you have delayed it for.

I really like iCube, I have only ever owned this cube so I can't compare to others but what I like about this is it has a proximity sensor so you can find the cube. This I think is great if you are working tables and you have the cube passed around under the table and you can not only nail the colour but the person holding it too. I think this opens up for some nice routines.

I wish it had pebble notification and vibration.

I highly recommend iCube.

Myke
X
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, Myke Phillips wrote:
Quote:

Myke
X

You are a bad influence, my friend. Smile Points well taken.

I think you should suggest that idea to Hugo. It would be incredible.

Warm regards,

Preston
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Myke Phillips wrote:
Quote:

Myke
X

You are a bad influence, my friend. Smile Points well taken.

I think you should suggest that idea to Hugo. It would be incredible.

Warm regards,

Preston

I had a txt from Hugo last week to say he may bring out a pebble app next year, see my earlier post lol
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
I was chatting to a well know working pro magician today who uses icube together with magic sms. What a great idea.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
All well and good, but they're out of stock. Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Wow magic SMS 2.0 Smile clever . Then he can know the face color just by staring at the phone .

But I actually prefer some solid prediction . What I mean is that I don't want to be performing an " electronic cube " to the audience but at the same time holding a phone in my hand . I just don't want to lead the audience into thinking I use any electronics . Smile

- Albert Einstein
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, jaizon wrote:
All well and good, but they're out of stock. Smile

That's a shame' Alakazam have it in stock Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
Wow magic SMS 2.0 Smile clever . Then he can know the face color just by staring at the phone .

But I actually prefer some solid prediction . What I mean is that I don't want to be performing an " electronic cube " to the audience but at the same time holding a phone in my hand . I just don't want to lead the audience into thinking I use any electronics . Smile

I can appreciate that but I know some people like to use a marked deck for the card. Each to their own Smile
Adeofspades
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Adeofspades
Has anyone else had trouble with icube and ios8? Right after I updated, the app doesn't recognize the hardware. The rvphotocube app can establish a connection, but in icube it's nowhere to be found...
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Adeofspades wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble with icube and ios8? Right after I updated, the app doesn't recognize the hardware. The rvphotocube app can establish a connection, but in icube it's nowhere to be found...

Unless you need wifi for this to work (I can't remember) iCube app is not recognizing my iCube either. I'm using 8.1.1

Anyone else using 8.1.1 or 8.1?

Preston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICube by Hugo Shelley (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL