The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICube by Hugo Shelley (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
It’s quite strange because around 3 weeks ago I was in the process of making a purchase from Hugo he was very quick with his replies but then all of a sudden he stopped replying and hasn’t replied to my last 3 emails. Hopefully all is fine with him....
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I too sincerely hope all is well with Hugo.

. . . but for pulling out the crucial App???

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Good news this is now back in the App Store, although can’t see why it was removed as it doesn’t appear to have had an update?
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, rowland wrote:
Good news this is now back in the App Store, although can’t see why it was removed as it doesn’t appear to have had an update?

Good news, there maybe some hope yet. I sent Hugo an email, but it bounced back.
Ray Thompson
View Profile
New user
Des Moines, Iowa
60 Posts

Profile of Ray Thompson
Aceface, I have tried reaching Hugo Shelly, too. No answer after I sent him my SS2.0 to checkout before purchasing his newest. I do hope he is well.
Ray Thompson, the Mind Wizard
www.hypnosisandmore.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, rowland wrote:

This is certainly good news. I was very concerned when the App was taken off. As I understand, if the App creator don't pay the annual fees in time, the App is temporarily removed.

I will now be wary of purchasing a magic effect that requires an App. I will AVOID products which are based on propriety App. Without the App these expensive products (especially in our field of magic/mentalism) are rendered useless. Hope the creators of such product understand and realize this problem and do not stop supporting their product by removing the crucial App. Hope better sense prevails. Removing of the App is becoming an increasing tendency. This happens more with low volume sale products (like magic props) rather than commercially available items.

BTW, I have both the versions of iCube (1.0 & 2.0) and hence my concern.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
BruMagic
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BruMagic
I've also been unable to contact Hugo. I think I have sent him 6 emails altogether (in two batches) which have been ignored.

It's such a shame. There really must be a market for another manufacturer of el******* magic, especially in the UK.

Probably best to stick with Labco. On the odd occasion I've needed to contact Soren, I get an email back within a few hours.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Never been a big fan of him most of his items are not new but a copy of something that has already been about

When buying electronics customer service is the most important thing

For me no one beats Promistic , Craig service is way ahead of the competition
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Just bought a new phone and transferred the contents from the old one before resetting the old phone for resale.
In the process I went to update the iCube app but found that it is no longer available. I can see from the posts above I am not alone in getting no response from Hugo.
Realise, of course, that there is not much I can do about it but it is very frustrating and it sucks that someone who is still selling other products will not continue making the app available to those that have invested in his product. Anyone need a small plastic cube that cost $199 and doesn't do anything?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, Mobius wrote:
Just bought a new phone and transferred the contents from the old one before resetting the old phone for resale.
In the process I went to update the iCube app but found that it is no longer available. I can see from the posts above I am not alone in getting no response from Hugo.
Realise, of course, that there is not much I can do about it but it is very frustrating and it sucks that someone who is still selling other products will not continue making the app available to those that have invested in his product. Anyone need a small plastic cube that cost $199 and doesn't do anything?

Calm down lol the app is having to be re written, I text Hugo this week regarding the same problem. It should be back in the App Store in about two weeks.
mrbwillsee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mrbwillsee
Icube, is it coming back to the App Store. its been a month or so and still no sign. I have emailed Hugo website a lot over the last few months asking the same thing but with no reply.

please could someone anyone from Hugo's team please answer on here, or even better try to reply to any of my emails.

with regards mark
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
It looks like the iCube app is now back in the App store.
Only problem is that it does not seem to work with my iCube.
Interestingly, the instructions on how to pair it with your phone seems to relate to a different product. The illustrations on the instructions show a white dice-like cube with a circle of colour on each side. It also talks about an opening tool to lift one of the faces and press an 'on' button. None of this relates to the current version of iCube as there are no buttons or flashing LED lights telling you that it is on.
However, I would expect that everyone's iCube should still be discoverable, able to pair and be read with the iCube app.
Obviously, have only tested it on my iCube - which has worked fine up until the app disappeared - so would be helpful to see if anyone else has the same issue.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2020, Mobius wrote:
It looks like the iCube app is now back in the App store.
Only problem is that it does not seem to work with my iCube.
Interestingly, the instructions on how to pair it with your phone seems to relate to a different product. The illustrations on the instructions show a white dice-like cube with a circle of colour on each side. It also talks about an opening tool to lift one of the faces and press an 'on' button. None of this relates to the current version of iCube as there are no buttons or flashing LED lights telling you that it is on.
However, I would expect that everyone's iCube should still be discoverable, able to pair and be read with the iCube app.
Obviously, have only tested it on my iCube - which has worked fine up until the app disappeared - so would be helpful to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Can’t find it. How is it spelt, if you are talking about icube reader that’s not the same app
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
If you search Hugo Shelley on App Store a list of his apps appears. Hugo's iCube reader is one of them.
If this is not the same app then I am very confused. What is the app for? If it is for a different product why is it called iCube reader if it doesn't connect to the iCube?
mrbwillsee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mrbwillsee
I have the old icube that still works on my old phone so the cube works fine, but it is not compatible with the new app which is a shame. we can only hope the do a update to solve this problem for use old icube users. In the meantime maybe look at other none app based die magic like Mental Die by Tony Anverdi. hope this helps
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2020, Mobius wrote:
If you search Hugo Shelley on App Store a list of his apps appears. Hugo's iCube reader is one of them.
If this is not the same app then I am very confused. What is the app for? If it is for a different product why is it called iCube reader if it doesn't connect to the iCube?

There is an issue with the new app that they are trying to correct. Unfortunately the old app wasn’t compatible with iOS 14 and it may be that the hardware inside the icube can’t be made to work with iOS 14.
They are trying to get it working.
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Here’s hoping that they can get it up and running again. Fingers crossed!
mrbwillsee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mrbwillsee
The old app is compatible with iOS 14 as I have the old app still running on a iPhone 8 running IOS 14.2, its just the old app is no longer available on the App Store.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2020, mrbwillsee wrote:
The old app is compatible with iOS 14 as I have the old app still running on a iPhone 8 running IOS 14.2, its just the old app is no longer available on the App Store.

That’s weird according to Hugo it won’t. Maybe the app isn’t compatible on newer phones if that’s possible.
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
Any updates on this? I have a new iPhone and the old app does not work. Can’t connect to the original cube. It tries, but doesn’t make the final connection. Frustrating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICube by Hugo Shelley (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL