The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Term I seen on the forum (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ethan Lin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ethan Lin
Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum and I came across a term I've never seen before: "finger flinger" or something very similar

I don't know if that is offensive or it is just something as normal as a slang term for sleight of hand but it woul be appreciated if someone could tell me wha tit means

Thanks,
-EL
"Now you’re looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to work it out. You want to be fooled." - Cutter
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
A 'finger flinger' or 'finger flicker' is someone who does difficult or impressive sleight of hand or flourishes.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Ethan Lin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ethan Lin
Thanks very much MRSharpe

-EL
"Now you’re looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to work it out. You want to be fooled." - Cutter
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Check out the "Finger Flinging Silk Routine" video in The Wizards' Journal #26 for an illustration on how you, too, can learn to be a finger flinger.
Ethan Lin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ethan Lin
Gracias Jim. I wouldn't be a Café member if I wasn't Smile

-EL
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Finger flingers have a tendency to perform knuckle busters...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Term I seen on the forum (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL