The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Funkenring question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I just received an email from Stevens Emporium asking for help.

Can anyone point me to what they think is the most professional and highest quality custom Funkenring? When I say custom, I mean this entire unit from function to aesthetics looks as if it was created by NASA. This is the total package. This Funkenring has gone where NO Funkenring has gone before!
Ihor
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
What are you funkenring talking about
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Here's the request from Stevens Magic.

Survey : Questions

HELP! We have the smartest and best customers in the WORLD of Magic! Every time we ask for your help we - get it! So here goes!

FUNKENRINGS! We have sold the Harold Voit version for probably 30 years with great success. However, at one time, we had a higher end model that we think was fabricated in Germany or Europe. This unit was engineered professionally and battery operated. It produced copious amounts of SPARKS. We lost the source. We know it's NOT the following units: Making Sparks, Comedy Ring Polisher or the ones made by Sylvester The Jester, or as stated above not Harold Voit's.

Question: Can anyone point us to what they think is the most professional and highest quality custom Funkenring? When I say custom, I mean this entire unit from function to aesthetics looks as if it was created by NASA. This is the total package. This Funkenring has gone where NO Funkenring has gone before!

To make it a little more fun - the first five people that are able to put us in touch with the correct model will get $25 SME Bucks! Of course you have to take our word for it that the unit you refer us to will be the correct model -- but if we didn't have your trust -- we wouldn't have been helped by your council so many times before...

Contact me at: Mark@stevensmagic.com

Mark Stevens

www.stevensmagic.com
Ihor
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
The only one I have ever seen is the old wind up one, very cumbersome. Would like to find a more modern version myself.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best is from Sylvester the Jester, but that's not the one Stevens is looking for. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
If they find the holy grail of funkenrings, I am totally in!

I have the ZZM one (which I think is the same as the Harold Voit) and I loved it but after a couple days use, it wouldn't wind anymore.

I think the cogs lost their ridges or something so it would just slip when trying to wind it. I got another one and the same thing happened. Tried replacing the flint, opening it up, and nothing.

Hopefully they find out whatever this superior version is.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3608 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have Making Sparks from Sylvester the Jester. It's battery operated and easy to use. This is light years ahead of the wind up units (I had one and threw it away).

Jim
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I just saw that Sylvester the Jester has a new version of Making Sparks called "Dark Star" (black version with a "Gamma Burst" battery no less)....I must have one.

I take it they are pretty reliable?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Sounds like a better idea all together, the old wind up one was a bit of a dinosaur.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
267 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I'll definitely take one! Been using my wind up one for at least 12 years now. Replaced the flint numerous times. Actually must say something about the quality that it still works perfectly after all these years!
Hand-made realistic sponge production items now available through Murphy's dealers or at www.alexander-may.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yes, mine lasted for years but finally gave up about a year ago, the spring just became too slack.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Funkenring question? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL