The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Going to my first meeting soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aster D. Grey
View Profile
New user
but a quick learner
23 Posts

Profile of Aster D. Grey
Any tips? Any special etiquete I should follow?

Thanks!
Rainbows and unicorns,

Grey
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
They should welcome you with open arms. Just be friendly and interested in what they are doing. Once Ring proceedings are out of the way, the fun begins. Relax and have a ball. If you are feeling comfortable, feel free to express yourself and your magic. They are there to help you (in most cases.) It's all about promoting and raising our Art.
Keith
SHAZAM!
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1004 Posts

Profile of Ado
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, Aster D. Grey wrote:
Any tips? Any special etiquete I should follow?

Avoid insulting people?
Expect to see advanced magicians as well as beginners. Don't despise beginners, even if they are three times your age.

I mean, just follow common sense. It's a gathering of people with a common taste, nothing more.

P!
Aster D. Grey
View Profile
New user
but a quick learner
23 Posts

Profile of Aster D. Grey
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, Kbuck54 wrote:
They should welcome you with open arms. Just be friendly and interested in what they are doing. Once Ring proceedings are out of the way, the fun begins. Relax and have a ball. If you are feeling comfortable, feel free to express yourself and your magic. They are there to help you (in most cases.) It's all about promoting and raising our Art.
Keith

Alright, so there is a sort of a schedule to the meetings. Useful to know.

Thanks!
Rainbows and unicorns,

Grey
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Not always... Just go with the flow. Nothing to worry about, we've all been there.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Aster D. Grey
View Profile
New user
but a quick learner
23 Posts

Profile of Aster D. Grey
Thanks! It's in two days, so I'll tell you how it went.

Kindest regards.
Rainbows and unicorns,

Grey
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
220 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
There can be a special camaraderie developed through these meetings! Hopefully, you'll have a wonderful experience!
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Hey Aster, what a suprise that my first visit will be on monday as well! So I fell a little excited, just as you might feel. I announced my visit by mail and was welcomed allready. To show some of my magic would be nice, even if it is not perfect, they answered me. I'll see how this is going on monday.
Wish you a great evening, you will do great, enjoy it. And let us know how it went, ok?

best, hans
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
I'll be going ot my first meeting next Tuesday, so thanks for the advice here and looking forward to knowing how your first meeting goes as well!
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Just came back from my first meeting and I am delighted! Tomorrow I can write a short review for todays evening and what it was like. For now let me sai this:
The best thing you could do, is performing just one little trick that you like. It does not matter if it is perfect or not, they wont judge you at all but register your passion for magic. By doing this, you set yourself apart from a snoopy visitor.
Til soon,
hans
Aster D. Grey
View Profile
New user
but a quick learner
23 Posts

Profile of Aster D. Grey
Hans, great to hear you had a good time!

I went last night as well. It was great! So many great impressions.

First there was a lot of talking in German about magic, which I had troubles following because the president has the thickest Austrian accent I've ever heard. Then I was greeted by some great people, one of which is a mentalist who gave me his phone number.

After a smoke break I got to perform, and I properly sucked. But I guess it didn't matter that much. There was a lot of talk about magic and so on. The guys are having a performance tomorrow and I'll be going to see them.

All in all, 10/10, would magic again.

Kind regards,
Rainbows and unicorns,

Grey
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Happy to hear from you as well, Aster!

I guess the procedure was similar, here. After a short introduction of my person as an interested guest, I told a bit about myself and my background and was welcomed. Then three gentleman performed little routines and teached some handling regarding coin magic. After that I took courage and told the chairman I could perfom some little thing and so I did. It went well and I was glad I did it. From that point, their reservation was gone and I got some helpful suggestions and advice for that demonstration.

Unfortunately, the next meeting is not until next month. And to close with your bottom line,

10 out of 10, would magic again.

Kind regards,
Hans

PS: May I ask you, Aster, what did you perform? PM if you like..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Going to my first meeting soon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL