The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Bill Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
283 Posts

Profile of abrell
At the moment I am preparing a bill tube effect. I like the routine from Ted Lesley: a prediction is placed in the tube > the tube always stays in view > the prediction fits the events.

But I have great problems with the bill tube. What is or should be the purpose of that item? What is the audience supposed to think of it? Who could have such strange item? I have been thinking quite a while but I am not sure how to present that item. Here are my best guesses:

1. A locked container for jewels, maybe diamonds. The key is sent to the owner, afterwards the "diamond tube" is delivered. So nobody can switch the content.
2. A locked container for perfume samples that must not be opened so that the scent stays secret.
3. A locked container for pharmaceutical phials.
4. A locked container for microfilm
5. A locked container for scientific samples

What sounds like a reasonable explanation for this item?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I published several effects/stories using Bill Tubes in my various books.
They can be:
- A fragment of a Time Machine (Time Trap in Hauntiques)
- A safebox for small archeological artefacts (Malediction in Capricornian tales)
- A container for Bugs (Scarabys in Capricornian Tales)
- An American Tooth Fairy Box (American Tooth Fairy in Fairies, soon to be published)
- A container for optical lenses in a microscope Box (Holey Stone in Fairies)
- Pseudo-scientific instruments for a dowser (Denn die Toten reiten schnell in Fabula Hermetika)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Bill Tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL