The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Table tipping tips! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Hey gang!

After reading "Come Good Spirits", I'm considering building my own table. The text speaks of a table with 3 legs. In your experience, is a table with a center post that ends in 3 legs the idea table, or is a table with the legs (forming a triangle)on the edges of the table top the way to go?

Thanks!

Snoogans!!
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I would think they would call one three legs and the other three feet. I would think 3 legs would be less likely to tip over. It would be more likely to "scoot" if bumped whereas the one with feet may fall. Unless the feet are heavy which may act as a counter weight if it starts to tip. Feet would give you the ability also to extend them further out than the table top making it of course the most stable of all
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
I was thinking the same thing. The only downside to 3 separate legs versus one post with 3 feet is the 3 footed table would be easier to levitate.
Seance Medium
View Profile
New user
Used a Ouija board to write
53 Posts

Profile of Seance Medium
Don't sweat it too much. Three legs or three feet, you'll get the knack of tipping the table either way. In Victorian times they used tables (albeit smaller ones) of every make and description for table tipping. Of course some are more easily moved by the spirit than others. My preference would be three legs, but I'm sure you'll find one that suits you.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
A Shaker style candle table, or a variation thereon, would probably be ideal. This has a central spindle/post with three legs. You get more leverage with less pressure since the post is centralized.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2915 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
There are a number of table tipping videos on YouTube. I'm sure it will be helpful to see it being done by believers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Table tipping tips! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL