The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Distorted Visions DVD by Jack Curtis (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Distorted Visions by Jack Curtis - Review

I have had this DVD for a while now but only got around to using the effects at strolling gigs in the last couple of weeks. Now fully road tested (with the exception of Silver Lining) I can say, they rocked!

Paul's review at the top says what needs to be said.

The two business card effects stood out for me.

The classic two card transpo is the effect that got me into magic. Jack's 'Amnesic Transpo' has given this gem new life for the mentalist. The reaction was just like that of the participants on the DVD, they see the hammer blow coming a few seconds before the reveal, it won't compute and then bang, shudder, shock. Thanks to Jack for giving this new life.

Law of Attraction uses two simple principles familiar to most mentalists. Don't overlook this one. With the subtleties suggested on the DVD, this gets an emotional reaction every time. Synchronicity without the magic cheese.

Although I have not performed Silver Lining yet, I will be very soon. Killer prediction effect.

The production values are strong. The performances enjoyable. The teaching clear. The effects seal the deal.

You can get Distorted Visions direct from it's creator here http://www.jackcurtis.co.uk/portfolio/distorted-visions/

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, multiplerealities wrote:
Thanks so much for all the extremely kind words, they are all very much appreciated. It's great to know that people are going out and performing this stuff with great results!

Our production company (The 1914) has a half price sale on for the next few days so it's worth looking there if you want to grab a copy. Details here:

http://blog.the1914.com/2014/08/50-off-everything/

Best,

Jack

The kind words are well-deserved. Hope you're gonna publish more material of the same level in the future.
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Great product, the last routine with the coins - incredible!
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Can someone elaborate on Silver Lining? Exactly what do the spectator see?

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Just a question; Rating of 9/10 on every routines ? What are the criteria to give 9 out of 10 ? compare to what ?
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
I would have loved to hear Looch talk more about the effects and the psychology behind it. Great DVD with excellent closeup material.
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, genius wrote:
Can someone elaborate on Silver Lining? Exactly what do the spectator see?

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Difficult to explain without tipping the method. But I promise. You will use this gem. It is awesome and I normally play the "game" with the loudest guy in the group. That's the way to close his mouth!
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Silver lining is nice but Ted K's similar effect on his Penguin Lecture is nicer IMO.
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Tech Head Steve
Can anyone give me a heads up where to get what I need for Silver Lining.
Been hunting around but must be using the wrong search terms...

Just got this DVD a few days back & it's very very good.
Be excellent to each other, especially me.
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Check out www.saturnmagic.co.uk who have exactly what you need my friend.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Silver lining is nice but Ted K's similar effect on his Penguin Lecture is nicer IMO.

Moving off topic slightly, but I have a move in TBP that allows you to do Ted K's routine impromptu ;-)
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi, I see Vanishing Inc is realeasing this. Is there any difference with the original ?
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
It appears to be the same product.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi just wondering if there are any reviews for this dvd? are the routines practical for the real world and suitable for walkaround performances? thanks!
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2023, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi just wondering if there are any reviews for this dvd? are the routines practical for the real world and suitable for walkaround performances? thanks!

Distorted Visions by Jack Curtis review:
https://mylovelyassistant.com/20878
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Thanks dj!
kollo
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of kollo
Law of attraction:
Although this is very unlikely to happen, does anyone have an idea for a script for when the two cards are bottom/top?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Distorted Visions DVD by Jack Curtis (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL