The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » KILLER deal on Konundrum Kube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Hey all!

Who would like a brand new Konundrum Kube for a STEAL- how does $3000 sound, and that includes an ATA case! For eight illusionists, this can be a reality. In case you're not familiar with this illusion, here it is. Pay close attention to the small footprint of the box and the tiny size of the cabinet, both before and after the magic happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03nkp2DQ-A

It's a killer illusion but I don't have to tell you that- just do a Café search for "konundrum kube" and you can find literally page after page of people who got one from Jack Murray, and they all go on and on about the effect it has on their audiences. It looks absolutely impossible from 3 feet away.

SO- as many of you may know, Jack Murray recently retired from building illusions. Jack and I have been speaking about acquiring the rights to this fantastic illusion. I want to keep this one alive, and as such, I am prepared to offer a KILLER deal to a select few. If I can find eight illusionists worldwide who want to seriously upgrade their show, I will make the final deal with Jack and you will receive a Konundrum Kube, custom built in your choice of colors, WITH AN ATA CASE, for only $3000! For most illusions the case alone is upwards of $1000. Jack had this illusion listed at $5500. I can assure you that $3000 is a price that will never be seen again on this prop, and to quote Jack, even $5500 is way underpriced for the quality you receive. The prop is 85% aluminum which means that it's super lightweight. The colors are all powdercoat with applied graphics- you can't get a better finish anywhere. The prop features Jack’s signature “no bolt assembly” so it goes together like lightning yet uses no fasteners of any kind.

Folks, I could go on and on but the bottom line is that this is a proven, killer illusion and I am prepared to offer the deal of a lifetime on it. If you want to add a lightweight, magician friendly, audience slaying illusion, this is the time! PM me for details.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
103 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
No offense, but there are many questions one may have. Who is building this, you or Jack or who else? What experience do they have building these? It seems like a tough sell to get people to sign up to pay for an unknown quality illusion (being that it's not Dream Illusions) I'd want to see the first copy before I'd buy one. And again, you're trying to get people to commit up front so you can pay Jack his fee for the rights to the illusion. That's a tough way to finance this venture. Again, no disrespect but if you believe in this as you do, pay for it up front, start making them and let your buyers see the product first. I think you'll find the illusion business a pretty tough field. If you've talked to any of the big guys they'll tell you, it's feast or famine. Food for thought.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Mike Thornton wrote:
No offense, but there are many questions one may have. Who is building this, you or Jack or who else? What experience do they have building these? It seems like a tough sell to get people to sign up to pay for an unknown quality illusion (being that it's not Dream Illusions) I'd want to see the first copy before I'd buy one. And again, you're trying to get people to commit up front so you can pay Jack his fee for the rights to the illusion. That's a tough way to finance this venture. Again, no disrespect but if you believe in this as you do, pay for it up front, start making them and let your buyers see the product first. I think you'll find the illusion business a pretty tough field. If you've talked to any of the big guys they'll tell you, it's feast or famine. Food for thought.

Yep, sounds like I should have given a better intro as to my building experience! I'm happy to do so. So, to answer your questions in order-

I have been a performer for more than 20 years but have also been a serious builder for about 16 of those years. For the Konundrum Kube, I would take over as proud owner and builder. With the exception of a broom suspension, I have built virtually everything in my show- and this is a new 30 minutes of illusion material every season for all of those years. So, multiple appearances, vanishes, deceptive ba##es, levitations and suspensions, transpositions (5 versions of metamorphosis), fire effects, props built for use with animals, and the list goes on... I have ZERO to hide when it comes to my building experience! Take a look at this video- not earth shattering here as it's a promo for a basic show, but you'll see a couple of things I've built:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXb78tCIh_o

Between Jack and I, the way it works is that when the deal is final, Jack builds the last KK and it becomes mine, as well as any insider tips he's got from the years of tweaking this prop. As to the first KK I build, I would absolutely defy anyone to tell it apart from a Dream Illusions prop, and I'll stake my reputation on that right now. Don't get me wrong- am I saying I am better than Jack? Not at all. Am I saying that I have been an aluminum welder for years, and can confidently say that, again, you will see NO lapse in the quality you'd expect from this prop? Yes, 110%, and I'll sleep very well having said that. Now, please don't take that statement as arrogant or cocky, because that is in no way how I intend for it to be. The last thing I want is to be some guy who comes off that way. I am simply trying to convey my experience with building illusions- "this ain't my first go- round"! I build because I love it. For me it's like Christmas every time I have the privilege of seeing the audiences faces light up because they enjoyed a presentation of something I created.

As for people "committing up front", what I am trying to do is to gauge whether or not there are simply eight performers in the world right now who would be interested in a phenomenal deal on this illusion. No one pays a dime until we have the eight on board, and then it's the standard deal- 50% up front and 50% upon completion. It'll be first come, first serve; your prop is built in the order you sign up. For the price I'm offering on those eight props, I'll profit next to nothing. My profit is ownership of a great design.

So, please, if you have ANY questions for me, I am very easy to reach. Jack always prided himself on being easy to communicate with, and as the potential builder of this illusion, that's me as well. I have so many great friends in magic and hope that I can help many of them get more applause by keeping a great illusion alive!

Phil
www.phildalton.com
(513) 741-4177
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
103 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
Sounds good Phil, I wish you the best!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » KILLER deal on Konundrum Kube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL