The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TITANIC-Critchlow & McMylor (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Thank you George1953 along with dd123!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I love this effect, I have only performed it three times in public so far but it gets great reactions, I have lots of Titanic memorabilia that I use with it and people are ggenuinly interested in the Titanic for whatever reason.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
hansonmagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of hansonmagic
Thanks for your help guys, have placed an order with Alakazam. Can't wait to get it!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
You will love it, its so easy to do and the effect it has on the layman will surprise you, money well spent.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, george1953 wrote:
George,
I love this effect, I have only performed it three times in public so far but it gets great reactions, I have lots of Titanic memorabilia that I use with it and people are ggenuinly interested in the Titanic for whatever reason.

I ordered this last weekend after the tip about also using Wh!/e St@£ with Titanic since I love the former pice and I have some related vintage memorabilia type items that add much to my routine . I can't wait to get this new Titanic effect. (btw I hope you get through your latest health challenges quickly and with minimal difficulty)
Best wishes, "Doc Ben" Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks Doc, I was just at the Hospital today, I have to go every day and they are happy with my progress. They say it could take a year to heal properly. I think you will love using Titanic & White Star together, do post and let us know what you think of it.
hansonmagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of hansonmagic
Hmm so had it for a few days and finally understand it all. It's very interesting to say the least. Love the process.

Just the presentation, it's all very - mind reader/physic. I think I need to come up with a more unique routine as that doesn't fit within my planned show. However the trick WILL fit if it works within a different domain approach. But love it so far. Great props included as well, really top notch.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
It really is a great effect, I combine mine with lots of Titanic memorabilia which helps to set the mood and is available very cheaply.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, george1953 wrote:
It really is a great effect, I combine mine with lots of Titanic memorabilia which helps to set the mood and is available very cheaply.

Yes I have some nice memorabilia to include; think my order was back ordered, so still stalking my postperson waiting patiently, but wiping the drool occasionally.
Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yeah Doc, its really amazing just how folks are really interested in the memorabilia, I have to age some of it to make it look a bit more authentic but some I just leave as it is and tell them that its a copy I found, it makes them believe more that the others are genuine.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Yeah Doc, its really amazing just how folks are really interested in the memorabilia, I have to age some of it to make it look a bit more authentic but some I just leave as it is and tell them that its a copy I found, it makes them believe more that the others are genuine.

Aging is an important part as you say George; luckily two of my "token" items I ask the specs to hold, although American in source from my grandfather, are an 1885 "Morgan" dollar coin and a 1890's pocket watch o it's chain! Very credible..! Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I also have a pocket watch of the period which I have PKed. Also have some coal that is actually from the Titanic if you believe the claims made by the company that sells it.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Just received this yesterday. It comes in a square box with a picture of the Titanic on the lid. When you open the box the DVD is in the lid and the rest of the props are in the box. You get 60 carte de visits photos, a White Star Line pencil, a brass key fob nicely engraved, a postcard of the Titanic, a While Star playing card, a luggage tag and an old English penny of the correct period.
The DVD starts with a live performance of the effect, and then goes on to explain the workings of the effect. The instructions are recorded in sections detailing each part of the routine. The instructions are clear and detailed and easily understood. There is a little bit of maths involved but nothing difficult. If you have The Fallen you will pick it up in minutes.

Also included on the DVD are several PDF files for you to print out, two aide memoires, a
passenger list etc. All in all a very complete package.
Thanks for the review George and I received mine today....but missing the coin?
I don't know that it's worth letting the dealer (Alakazam) know as I will likely be able to find some adequate substitute. Any date of or before 1912 will do as I want to vo ahead and age the props. That is my only concern. The props are shiny clean and fresh, and too much like new "magic props" for my purposes. I have numerous OA, Gem, and Leb Circ products all of which have great credible ageing, and some I have added many authentic enhancements for credibility sake.

The routine revolves around psychometry but can easily be tailored to your style of performing. There are also bonus sections on the DVD to give you ideas of your own.
I think for the money the props supplied are first class and I can't wait to get out and perform it, the penny is a particularly nice touch, if you tried to buy one with a specific date you could pay 5 pounds or more just for that. I am really pleased with this purchase and would reccomend it to anyone especially those who like storytelling routines.

Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Doc, if you pm me I will explain how I get away with the cards not being aged, don't want to discuss it here, George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TITANIC-Critchlow & McMylor (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL