The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Social Media For Business An Excuse? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Hello my fellow small business friends. How many of us claim we need to use social media and smart phones for our business?

Granted we may use a very small fragment of our time we are on the internet, Facebook, smart phones etc. for "work" but in truth who are we sometimes kidding? We get sucked into all of the media it brings and in truth, it occupies our time and slows us down far more than it helps.

What do you do to help prevent your time from being wasted? Please don't try and tell me you are actually fantastic and don't find yourself sometimes in a sea of knowledge and information as minutes becomes hours wasted reading pointless "brag" stories or viewing pictures somewhere on Facebook or some other place on the internet.

What helps you from this happening?

Maybe this video explains it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY

(28 million views and its only been on Youtube for one week.)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You ask about not wasting time here?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
I use a free program called RescueTime (https://www.rescuetime.com/) which basically times how long you spend on technology each day and it also categorizes the websites you visit based on whether they are productive or not. It doesn't force you to become more productive, but it makes you realize how unproductive you can be, hoping that you will improve your productivity yourself. The app is also on my Android phone where it compiles both time on my phone and my laptop. I never realized how much time I waste on technology before I installed this.
Thanks, Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Social Media For Business An Excuse? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL