The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » TITANIC (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Oops, have to go to the Hospital again, my foot has started to bleed again but I will sort out the photos as soon as I can..
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
933 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Firestarter, can't you just make up a set of cards now you know what you need ?


Exactly what I did! I prefer home made "aged" props rather than what one gets in a marketed effect!

Here's a little taste. . .
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l602......7f5d.jpg

Nice. The studio logo, the hand written names, the "Survived" stamp are spot on. What was the source of the studio logo and did you use a computer printer to make these?
The hand written names look too nice, did you enlist the aid of your wife/girlfriend to write the names or are you naturally gifted with good penmanship?

Good job,
Bob
Bob
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2610 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Firestarter, can't you just make up a set of cards now you know what you need ?


Exactly what I did! I prefer home made "aged" props rather than what one gets in a marketed effect!

Here's a little taste. . .
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l602......7f5d.jpg

Nice. The studio logo, the hand written names, the "Survived" stamp are spot on. What was the source of the studio logo and did you use a computer printer to make these?
The hand written names look too nice, did you enlist the aid of your wife/girlfriend to write the names or are you naturally gifted with good penmanship?

Good job,
Bob


Thanks for the kind words, Bob. These are "cabinet" photos available on the internet. The names were written by the person that gave me the photos. I ordered the deceased and survivor stamps from Staples. I have since added some aged pieces of card stock with some personalized info on the back of each card. This makes the effect much more authentic (IMO).
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile


"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nice work, the cabinet cards are much better than just photos.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2610 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Nice work, the cabinet cards are much better than just photos.


Thank you, George! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile


"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
933 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, afinemesh wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. These are "cabinet" photos available on the internet. The names were written by the person that gave me the photos. I ordered the deceased and survivor stamps from Staples. I have since added some aged pieces of card stock with some personalized info on the back of each card. This makes the effect much more authentic (IMO).

That explains why it looked so real. I've used the auction sight to piece together a number of other props, but hadn't thought about making my own white star set. Nice thinking.
Bob
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2610 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Bob! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile


"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4124 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Oops, have to go to the Hospital again, my foot has started to bleed again but I will sort out the photos as soon as I can..

Sorry to hear you have to go back in George you just get your foot sorted out ,that is more inportant take care and best wishs, Shane

afinemesh ,your pictures look great,very nice job there.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hospital went OK, tests were just routine and at the moment they see no reason to amputate. I have to go back in the morning for one more test, I have to go to a different Hospital because the other one did'nt have the scanner they need. Another early start :-(
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
933 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
Thank you, Bob! Smile

Sadly civil war carte de visites are too pricy to do the same with or that would be perform for me.

On a somewhat related note, I purchased a dozen bone dice from the auction site last night. These will be used to create a civil war era version of Corinda's "A Lesson in Mentalism" book test.
Bob
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Just stumbled upon this:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/18794916......_view_20

Image


Thought it might make nice set-dressing for a Titanic-themed routine...
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » TITANIC (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL