The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Prism Deck Question (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings,

I got the Prism deck when it was introduced a few years ago at MagicLive.

It used an earlier version of the Phoenix Deck design.

I am wondering if a newer version of the deck would have some of the newer aspects of the Phoenix deck as well (Like some of the changes in the markings on the backside.) Don't want to go into much detail here, but for those of you with a newer version, wondering if you could tell me. Or PM me.

Thanks!

RevJohn
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, RevJohn wrote:
I am wondering if a newer version of the deck would have some of the newer aspects of the Phoenix deck as well (Like some of the changes in the markings on the backside.) Don't want to go into much detail here, but for those of you with a newer version, wondering if you could tell me. Or PM me.

I'm not aware of any changes to the Phoenix design. The new Prism Deck I got a short while ago has all of the *ahem* unique features (front and back) that I believe Christian built into the Phoenix decks from day one.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thanks for replying. I replied back to the PM.

I was referring more to the Marked Deck feature in the Prism, and didn't make that clear.

John
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
There is a difference in the card quality as the new cards are produced at USPC while the first version was produced in Europe.

Regarding the marking: no changes to the first version, Joshua wanted it on the upper right corner.
Regarding the Phoenix Marked Decks: the first edition had it on the upper left side, the second generation of Phoenix Marked Decks has the marking in all four corners, so in the end: yes, the marking now matches somehow.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Prism Deck Question (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL