The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Readings & Shoutout to Enrique (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I've decided to buckle down & get really serious about giving readings.
Over the years I've bought some Richard Webster stuff (which is good), Passages by Gail Sheehy (which I haven't read), System 88, Bautu, and Invisble Readings.

I think my problem is I'm overwhelming myself with different systems, leading to bottlenecking inside my head.

So last week I decided to re-read Enrique Enriguez's Invisible Readings. I have about 3 more chapters to read but I just had to post that this is a terrific approach and excellent writing of his system! I now it's been said before but his insights are gold! I will try to use his methods but I'm eager to get his 'Looking at the Marseilles Tarot' but I can't seem to find it.

I did see it at www.mindseyeview.com/marseilles-tarot.html but I emailed first to see if they're 'alive' or not & the email bounced back.

If Enrique or anyone out there knows of a way to get this book, please let me know.

FYI - I also re-read Bautu again (before I started reading Invisible Readings) & also popped in the CD. Scott sounds like he will be helpful with my quest, too. Bautu seems 'deep' but I never listened to the CDs in conjunction with the book.

Right now though, I am searching for LOOKING AT THE MARSEILLES TAROT by Enrique Enriguez.
If anyone can push me in the right direction, it will be appreciated.
Thanks
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Invisible Readings and literally everything and anything by Enrique is fantastic, beautiful and worthy of careful time and study.

Yeah the shop is still ALIVE, I've PM'd you their contact email.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
mrkmarik
View Profile
Regular user
New York
185 Posts

Profile of mrkmarik
Enrique recently organized a lecture in NYC for Yov Ben Dov and his brilliant book on Marseille Tarot http://www.amazon.com/Yoav-Ben-Dov/e/B00DO4S2YA you will read a very good revew by Enrique
Marqus I hope it will be your last purchase;) then go outside and do readings practice is a best teacher
B. Morrison
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of B. Morrison
Quote:
Right now though, I am searching for LOOKING AT THE MARSEILLES TAROT by Enrique Enriguez.
If anyone can push me in the right direction, it will be appreciated.
Thanks

Enrique's Marseilles Tarot book can be found at www.mindseyeview.com, which appears to be a sister site geared towards the general public.

I'm guessing that's what the "mev" in "mevproshop" stands for.

Incidentally, I just sent an email to info@mindseyeview.com, and it seems to be working.

Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Andy, Thanks for the email tip.

Mrkmarik, you are absolutely right about taking action (i got that 'magician' mindset that's hard to shake)

B. Morrison, "mev = minds eye view" - thanks for opening my eyes. I always wondered about that 'mev' prefix.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Look and think about what you have. System 88 and Bauta are tools that can be applied to any reading. Invisible Readings the same to a degree. You need to learn at least one system and then begin applying the tools to that system. But you may find you don't need to!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Thanks, Dan.

I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!

I forgot to mention: Kadar is over the Atlantic Ocean & on its way over here to me.
More overload!

But at least Kadar will be treasured as a piece of art.

You guys are great with all your help!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...to tempt you with one more thing (but you will find it usable, entertaining and educational) is Enrique's Tarology dvd...should be on amazon if nowhere else...
I've asked to be banned
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2586 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Learn a really simple, normal system. Nothing fancy. Then you can get on with giving readings, instead of reading about giving readings.

After that, reading about giving readings will be useful as opposed to an ever increasing circle.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
^ This. Absolutely this.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I'm with Marqus 100%.
I know way to many super-cool reading systems. I have also recently been re-reading "Invisible Readings" and "Bauta" and they are amazing. I like system88 fine, but WTYF is really great.

...on my way to buy tarology.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Yes, Iain - the Tarology DVD is on my list.

Also on my list is your TPR.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12100 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, Marqus wrote:
Yes, Iain - the Tarology DVD is on my list.

Also on my list is your TPR.

I thought you had too much stuff? hahahahaha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
191 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, Marqus wrote:
Over the years I've bought some Richard Webster stuff (which is good), Passages by Gail Sheehy (which I haven't read), System 88, Bautu, and Invisible Readings.

Marqus
Sorry I'm a bit late on the reply:
You mentioned Bauta but have you considered The Vitruvian Square by the same artist/author Scott Grossberg?

There is a basic system based on numerology using the Lo Shu square, but can later be can be expanded to include almost any other reading system or cards.
I have been working with VS from the time it was released and I have yet to exhaust it's possibilities.

For instance, last week I came across an idea to incorporate a lovely little game from Craig Conley (Prof. Oddfellow) called The X-O-Skeleton Story Generator into readings for young adults or teenagers.
http://www.oneletterwords.com/weblog/?c=TicTacToe

This system is so magical and Scott's book is replete with many variations on the original theme; likely I will be using and adapting it as long as I have the breath to give readings.
Larry
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, Marqus and Larry.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I echo H20design's sentiment. A gem that I think is often overlooked is The Vitruvian Square, and yes, it does have limitless possibilities! I highly recommend it, as I think it is undervalued and underpublicized for what it brings to the game.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, H2Odesign wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, Marqus wrote:
Over the years I've bought some Richard Webster stuff (which is good), Passages by Gail Sheehy (which I haven't read), System 88, Bautu, and Invisible Readings.

Marqus
Sorry I'm a bit late on the reply:
You mentioned Bauta but have you considered The Vitruvian Square by the same artist/author Scott Grossberg?

There is a basic system based on numerology using the Lo Shu square, but can later be can be expanded to include almost any other reading system or cards.
I have been working with VS from the time it was released and I have yet to exhaust it's possibilities.

For instance, last week I came across an idea to incorporate a lovely little game from Craig Conley (Prof. Oddfellow) called The X-O-Skeleton Story Generator into readings for young adults or teenagers.
http://www.oneletterwords.com/weblog/?c=TicTacToe

This system is so magical and Scott's book is replete with many variations on the original theme; likely I will be using and adapting it as long as I have the breath to give readings.
Larry
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, Mike.

Guys, please know that there are some FREE resources for both The Vitruvian Square and The Deck of Shadows to be found at:

http://scottgrossberg.wordpress.com

In addition to my normal blog articles, there are some things to find there to enhance your use of both these items.

Enjoy.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of dmoses
That's what's great about the road of excess... it can also lead to enlightenment!
Everything feeds everything else... In TPR you'll definitely find inspiration from EE as well as Richard, Ron, Scott, "Bev," Mr. Riggs and many others.
It's absolutely certain that the best and fastest way to give good readings is to learn and use a system... any system.

But that system will evolve and grow with you as you study everybody's work. It's a definitely a journey as much as a destination.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12100 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, bevbevvybev wrote:
Learn a really simple, normal system. Nothing fancy. Then you can get on with giving readings, instead of reading about giving readings.

After that, reading about giving readings will be useful as opposed to an ever increasing circle.

This may sound like a lowly daft question but, when we talk about "systems" we are talking about:

Reading cards, numerology
Reading Aoras
Reading Palms
Reading faces
The Virtuvian square
Graphology

Would this be correct?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yes - a system, an oracle, a framework... basically means "learn the rules of the game"...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Readings & Shoutout to Enrique (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL