The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cradle to Grave , De'Vo , Jerry Cestkowsky , and the Flourishman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Can't wait for the new DVDs. They will be out very soon. The Flourishman's 2nd edition is almost complete. The Cobra is getting there, and De'vo wrote on his boards that he is making a short film about flourishes? That is too cool! Wonder what it's about? Or if it's a documentary, or just a long cool video of flourishes. Anyone know?
Dario_Bauer
View Profile
Regular user
glasgow
109 Posts

Profile of Dario_Bauer
You can tell the DVD is like a piece of 'art', De'vo has obviously devoted a large part of his life to the art of flourishing and this is the product. He has a vision of what flourishing should be and understands the psychology of learning it, he has thus made the DVD accordingly. For a card handler of average ability you could pick up the DVD watch it all day, and by the time you went to bed be doing a decent CTG routine, that is the quality of the teaching. He covers everything from every angle so that you can grasp in your head exactly what is happening, then going over it several times implants the concept in your head, then after practicing it you will improve until you are doing these things as second nature. If you take the time to learn CTG then it is an amazing thing to watch, if you have the time to learn it then it could add to a magic routine, if nothing else it is an excellent false shuffle.

I'd say for flourishers it is the perfect DVD, but for magicians I don't think it is quite right, all that time and money for something that is going to last less than a minute and display that you have extreme ability with cards. It can add to your magic but you have to ask if it is really worth it, flourishing is a separate thing from magic. If you understand that, but still want to learn these particular floruishes to add to a routine then that is fine, but understand it is for flourishers not magcians. I think for experienced card workers it may be a good idea, but if you are a beginner or intermediate your time and money could be better spent on other stuff, its an expensive add-on. This is just my opinion, I respect others opinions, ace up sleave is right though, a lot of flourishers have no respect whatsoever for magic, they have practically made De'vo's song about a magician doing spongeballs their national anthem, just go to one of those forums and have a look.
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography"
Michael G
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Michael G
It's a funny song though. I still laugh everytime I hear it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cradle to Grave , De'Vo , Jerry Cestkowsky , and the Flourishman (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL